Why futures down a lot , any news?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ganesh6, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Holy f--k.

I didn't see that coming. But then I didn't see today's reversal coming either. :confused:

#41     Jan 30, 2008
  2. Well, that or everyone has stock turder on ignore :p Maybe it's time to balance things out and put on ignore perma bears.

#42     Jan 30, 2008
  3. taipan77

taipan77

Well it is nonsense that moody's and S&P haven't downed graded ambac and mbia and the other banks. I mean come on what are they waiting for let it all come out and we can be done with it. This is the reason why were going to get into a nasty downturn because the credit agencies are the biggest liars I have ever seen. There just playing the good old boy network by not downgrading. Now I have to say that I am short the market and that would be great, but realistically we need this to happen before the bear market will end. If anybody is foolish enough to think that a bear market will just be a few months is nuts. Actually we need this to purge ourselves of all the inflation that has been created. Commodity prices are to high and need to come down and one way for that to happen would be a nice little recession and bear market. :cool:

#43     Jan 31, 2008
  4. Yes there is news.

It has been confirmed that Abraham Lincoln is dead

#44     Jan 31, 2008
  5. Futures back to flat. Go figure. :confused:

Quite a comeback. I guess that Fed koolaid is still tasty to somebody.

#45     Jan 31, 2008
  6. ES +3.25

Wow. That's a better than 20 point rally off the aftermarket low. 131 points on the Dow futures.

#46     Jan 31, 2008
  7. I hope you guys learned a lesson here. Like maybe just forget about the futures all night unless you are actually trading them. Really, they do this all the time!

Unless, of course you like stressing about your positions overnight. Hmmmmmm.

#47     Jan 31, 2008
  8. Specterx

Specterx

Nice wide oscillations in the ES, I bet all the trending-market guys are pretty happy... I don't like to see those pyramid shapes at all though.

#48     Jan 31, 2008
  9. Very well said.
    We are simply in a big "trading" range, albeit at lower levels than what we were used to for 2007.

Great opportunities if you don't get trapped into the "Gloom and Doom" mantra by the talking heads on CNBC.

Know your technical levels and Trade the Range!

:cool:

#49     Jan 31, 2008
  10. if overnight moves reverse a lot. Why don't you just fade the move a lot. Riding 30 handles in the ES seems like it could be a profitable strategy

#50     Jan 31, 2008