Why futures down a lot , any news?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ganesh6, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Well, you sure as shit nailed this. The American consumer is leveraged to the hilt. The entire American economy is built on debt. Savings? What's that? No one saves, the government just prints more and the American consumer borrows and when they can't pay off their debt they borrow more. It's a big house of cards that's about to come crashing down. The Fed is doing their best to stop it, and they may for now, but eventually if the debt isn't worked out of the system and brought down to reasonable levels the American economy will collapse and take the rest of the world with it.

#31     Jan 30, 2008
  2. just21

just21

Got trade a real market, not one that goes limit down, that is for girly men!

#32     Jan 30, 2008
  3. I'm not letting them off the hook but they ARE largely just dancing to the tune that our "betters" have called. We're a consumer society that produces nothing but paper shuffling and the people who get paid $100 million or more per year to shuffle the paper have completely fucked it up by creating a level of fraud and corruption that would shock Al Capone.

#33     Jan 30, 2008
  4. + it is tough to value a company when the numbers have been manipulated to the point you don't know what is correct.

#34     Jan 30, 2008
  5. an interesting twist to these latest downgrades is that the credibility of just about all ratings agencies has been crumbling over the past 6 months...thus the market's reaction may be more complex than just a knee jerk selloff

#35     Jan 30, 2008
  6. atleast 10% down day across the board would be really sweet.

#36     Jan 30, 2008
  7. Kap

Kap

Limit down before that sort of malarky, but hey, Hang Seng starting to look ugly, :wtf:

#37     Jan 30, 2008
  8. The market is looking for "excuses" to retest the lastest lows. From there I see stabilization or an up move (but I will wait and I see until this is confirmed before putting money in for the long side). Typical bear market behaviour...

#38     Jan 30, 2008
  9. Bowgett

Bowgett

ET became bear's den den lately...

#39     Jan 30, 2008
  10. Up 10 points from the 'bottom'.

#40     Jan 30, 2008