Why folks lose money daytrading ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by gmst, Apr 22, 2012.

1. fred1

fred1

the less liquidity the easier it can be manipulated. that is basic mathematics/statistics
    of course other factors come into play.
    take fx markets: the fx market is the most liquid and the most manipulated at the same time.

i do not know if the es future is manipulated. all i am saying is that manipulation is more difficult to do and will last shorter than in less liquid markets.

i trade es and i like it a lot.

i do also trade many other markets

#51     May 13, 2012
  2. Froglet

Froglet

I was going to ask about this as well. I am debating on whether to learn about FX or FUTURES trading. FX seems a bit easier in terms of the learning curve, but the velocity in gains/losses are a step above.

I'm worried about the tax ramifications actually. If it's even worth the trouble.

#52     May 18, 2012
  3. Swinging the ES is much easier.

#53     May 19, 2012
  4. kamm

kamm

Es is the most manipulated product I have seen on the screens. Id put the algo volume at 90% at least. If your human def dont trade it.

#54     May 21, 2012
  5. Just started experimenting with ES on a demo account, and am struggling to figure out order execution. If I put in a limit order of 10 contracts, even at 9:00 AM, during decent volume, I'll only get partial fills. What is going on? Surely 10 contracts is not a lot.

#55     May 24, 2012
  6. Surdo

Surdo

ES is as liquid as piss on a plate almost 24 hours a day, get a real platform/data provider!

#56     May 24, 2012
  7. What do you consider to be "real platform"? Playing around with a demo on E-Futures International

#57     May 24, 2012
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Any real trading platform that's not demo or simulator.

#58     May 24, 2012
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Ninja Trader is "real".

#59     May 24, 2012
  10. Very hard to get only a partial fill on 10 contracts. If you're not on a demo, then consider switching brokers.

#60     May 25, 2012