Why everything you've been told about evolution is wrong

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 27, 2010.

1. +1

#31     Mar 29, 2010
  2. stu

stu

You're welcome.

#32     Mar 29, 2010
  3. One question I have - and I'm not trying to be facetious here - what evidence is there that god exists?

Now, before the creationists get all defensive, let me put it this way:

The evidence for evolution is on the table for everyone to form their own opinions (Darwin's work, etc.). Whether right or wrong, whether you believe in evolution or creationism, the evidence for the theory is available. Whether you buy that theory or not is irrelevant.

So, what is the comparable evidence for creationism? How can I reasonably form an opinion as to the merits of creationism, when I have no evidence?

This post is not meant to troll or flame - it's a serious question I'm asking creationists. Why should I buy into your theory?

#33     Mar 29, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Feelings are the evidence.

#34     Mar 29, 2010
  5. Makes perfect sense.

#35     Mar 29, 2010
  6. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING POST STU! :D

#36     Mar 29, 2010
  7. Prophecy

#37     Mar 29, 2010
  8. the movie?

#38     Mar 29, 2010
  9. jem

jem

You may wish to understand that top cosmologists are now speculating there are almost unlimited multiple universes.
    What is becoming more obvious to real scientists is that given the parameters limits in effect at the big bang you realize how astronomically unlikely it is that our universe is so finely tuned?

Physicists realize this is a massive problem for the "no God crowd." Now some of these top physicists are hanging their hat of the speculation that there could almost infinite universes.

In other words given that you are sitting with a perfectly ordered deck of cards... ( with trillions of cards in it.) do you think it is reasonable to say you were dealt that hand at random? Neither do some nobel prize winning physicists. They get around the implication of design (or fixed deck) by saying infinite hands have been dealt and someone had to hold the good hand.

---

second note -

We have seen Darwinists evolve the theory of evolution.
    Its no longer completely random is it? They learned there is probably not enough time for all this to have evolved from the big bang or later from a primordial goo - so they have had to come up with directed evolution -- and now we are seeing that there must have been environmentally influenced evolution.

And as the article pointed out - survival of the fittest is an untested theory. No one is really trying to figure out who the fittest is whether the less fit died out.

of course the true believers will tell us it is all consistent with Darwins good book.

On the other side we have seen many believers hedge on Creation. In fact true believers like Stu can't stand that the Catholic church hedges by saying evolution is not inconsistent with God and the good book.

I sense at some point in time we will know God either caused evolution or evolution evolved God. I know where I would place my bet.

#39     Mar 29, 2010
  10. Yeah...Did you like it :D

#40     Mar 29, 2010