Why Evangelicals Are Fooled Into Accepting Pseudoscience

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jem

jem

"Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved."
    — Francis Crick What Mad Pursuit (1990)

By the way Stu, you fraud. It seems you just just took the nobel prize winner out of context.

#21     Sep 25, 2011
  2. Neaahhh... You can believe whatever you want. But we have a right to point out that some stuff just doesn't make sense. We also have a right to not believe what you believe in.

Well science evolves and changes... It admits when something is wrong. See the evolution of the scientific model for the atom etc...

Religion doesn't, it's dogma... If something is wrong then you can't change it... Hell... Not changing a word of the testament is actually an instruction in the Bible...

#22     Sep 25, 2011
  3. We should all be suspicious of the validity of intellectuals' knowledge. If this knowledge is so superior to the kind of understanding we find in the common people why is it that intellectuals' knowledge is constantly being revised, refuted, and rejected within the intellectual realm itself?

#23     Sep 25, 2011
  4. When scientists "explain" they do so within the limits of their models of the world. Such explanations are constanly being revised so they are compatible with the latest scientific paradigm and are inevitably superficial and incompletely representative.

Science is not competent to comment on the ultimate origins of the world.

#24     Sep 25, 2011
  5. lol. one thing for sure. this question sure does show common people intellect. did you skip science class totally?

#25     Sep 25, 2011
  6. See thats your problem freethinker...you cant think. You can only be told what to believe and you have no idea how to how to weigh the evidence of both sides without bias.

#26     Sep 25, 2011
  7. stu

stu

....common people call such knowledge

learning.

#27     Sep 25, 2011
  8. stu

stu

Care to elaborate how this notion of yours is anything but pseudoscience, seeing how it is not a scientific one?

"Do you think living cells simply organized themselves from mud spontaneously?"

#28     Sep 25, 2011
  9. evidence on the religious side? now thats funny.i challenge you to present your best evidence for any supernatural event in the bible?

#29     Sep 25, 2011
  10. lol?

An intellectual puppy is laughing at me? Did you even understand my post?

I'd debate the meaning of knowledge with you but I'd prefer that you have at least a rudimentary understanding of epistemology.

No, I didn't skip science class. I have several university credits in maths and sciences.

What is "this question sure does show common people intellect"? What were you trying to say here?

#30     Sep 25, 2011