Why don't open a desk in Paris ??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Frenchy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. We had traders in France a few years ago, but there developed some sort of National regulatory and taxation issue that was overwhelming. I can't remember the details, but it made no sense for the traders to even try to make money.

Don

#21     Jan 15, 2008
  2. Frenchy

Frenchy

it s the past Don with our new president we re now a trading country !!!

#22     Jan 15, 2008
  3. Really? I'll try to get in contact with the traders over there and see if things have changed enough to make sense. Always looking for a good reason to return to Paris.

Don

#23     Jan 15, 2008
  4. Thanks very much for this link Dogfish!

London would definately be a consideration for me to move to at some point as well. Paris and London are both nice cities!

Do you trade from a prop firm in London yourself?

Regards
    Christoffer

#24     Jan 15, 2008
  5. Frenchy

Frenchy

thanks to all ofyou for the help !!

Don you 're welcome to Paris when you want , i m sure that if you open an office here you ll have a lot of trader !!

Don't hesitate to contact me !!

Alex

#25     Jan 15, 2008
  6. I'll give you a call if I ever go on a retreat to Paris.....

heh heh...retreat....

#26     Jan 15, 2008
  7. lescor

lescor

If 5 or 10 thousand dollars seems like a huge obstical to start trading, you might want to reconsider full time trading.

The firm I'm with has remote traders in Europe, North and South America and Asia. Traders put up capital and get leverage and software. No licensing required. It's a pretty simple business model actually.

#27     Jan 15, 2008
  8. fxpip

fxpip

Does Refco now Marex still have the most amount of traders ?

Refco used to offer a split profit of 50/50 without any capital upfront, has that changed now ?

#28     Jan 15, 2008
  9. Dogfish
    Slideshowbob
    Reaver
    Tradersmade

All of you made really denigrating remarks about Paris/France

How many times has each of you been there?

Whereabouts in the US do you live now?

I'm a trader and I live in NYC (many years) and I go to London, Paris, Dublin etc.. a fair bit. The citizens of those cities have nothing but negative sentiment toward the US these days but it was not always that way. They're wrong in my opinion but...

The US has a lot of repair to do on its global reputation, that I'm sure of (and do my tiny part when I travel).

The OP here said nothing to invite the xenophobia showed by these 4 posters. So the negativity was not asked for.

Peace...:)

#29     Jan 15, 2008
  10. You'll be alright.

All I did was say I was thinking of a retreat in Paris.

#30     Jan 15, 2008