Why don't more women trade?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd hate to guess your grade if that's what you wrote on your final exam. No that it isn't true.

#21     Sep 12, 2002
  2. I have traded with women before, and they tend to make better traders in a different repsect. They tend to listen when you train them better then men, they take less risk, which make them more consistent traders. Men's testastorone starts to run and they think they are god's and know everything. I'm amazed how men refuse to follow their trainers advice cause they think they know better. I would love to have women training under, cause I can make them into better traders in less time then men. Not that is a gaurantee, but they're better listeners, and harder studiers.

#22     Sep 12, 2002
  3. I agree totally!! Martha Stewart sure was on the ball when she listened to her broker's advice to GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE AND FAST!

#23     Sep 12, 2002
  4. Gordon Gekko to Bud Fox: "I want you to call the Wall Street Chronicle and say blue horseshoe loves having a hard on."

#24     Sep 12, 2002
  5. I've worked with women in IT, engineering and actuarial departments. They are almost always the better employees because they are detail oriented but rarely have the self-confidence that should come with it. Guys learn by blowing out their account or losing big - you know Pavlov and all. Now a woman, you tell her that risk mgt is good and explain the details and the next day she'll be doing it and remembering every word that you said. And then she'll smile at the other 90% of the males that are watching their savings drained right in front of her as if to say, "Poor inferior creatures...they need my help..."

#25     Sep 12, 2002
  6. ShoeshineBoy,

Yeah, but how many female Donald Trumps, Morgans, Rockefellers, Gates and Buffets do you know?

#26     Sep 12, 2002
  7. Magna,

I think that about sums it up. Women are truly the more intelligent sex.

#27     Sep 12, 2002
  8. Women are great traders.....

They trade broke guys for rich ones
    They trade old cars for new ones.
    They trade stoves for direct lines to Dominoes
    They trade gold (cards) for platinum.
    They trade dollars faster than the best scalpers I know.....
    :D :D :D

#28     Sep 12, 2002

9. I nominate this post for a GEMS series.

#29     Sep 12, 2002
  10. Give it some time, they only got their rights in the last 50 years. Once the old mentality generation dies off, about what woman roles should be, you'll see women becoming the next Bill Gates. Look at Carly Fiorini, Marth Stewart, The woman from Ebay, whitman I believe, always forget her name, and endless others thatare only now working up the ranks. Be aware, they're coming to a company near you!!!!

#30     Sep 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.