Why dont Americans come to Europe to trade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Bear Trader, Sep 4, 2011.

1. nasdorq

nasdorq

Anyone traded from Panama? Easy to get a visa, no taxes on income earned outside the country. Just not sure the quality of internet which is most important obviously.

#11     Sep 4, 2011
  2. rwk> i believe you can live anywhere in europe if you have a visum for spain. i also believe visas for europe are relatively easy to get for americans.

re: cheap places in europe. heard a lot of good things about prague and croatia (seaside)
    also check out portugal. great climate. my ex mother in law lived there and it's a lovely place. top top lunches for 25euros. seawolf with great wine, same lunch would set you back 75+ euros at the cote d'azur.

if anyone has plans to visit belgium, give me a shout, by the way

#12     Sep 4, 2011
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

I am interested, give us more detail i.e. platform, clearing firm, leverage etc..

#13     Sep 4, 2011
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

I've always thought about how nice it would be not to have to get up so damned early every day. Yes, I live in Wisconsin, so I don't get up til about 7 or so. But I can't seem to get to sleep until the middle of the night every night.

I'm pretty attached to this whole country farming cheesehead thing, though.

#14     Sep 4, 2011
  5. rwk

rwk

Chuck Krug>
    I mentioned Spain because they have a retirement visa and require only about USD10k or so of fixed income. Ireland also has a retirement visa, but they won't say what the minimum means test is. I don't know if Spanish or Irish retirement visas allow long term residency throughout the EU, but I would be really surprised if that's a valid backdoor. Retirement visas never allow the holder to work at a job.

I know that a regular visa is good throughout Europe, but a regular visa requires employment. A job offer requires the employer to certify that they cannot find a local who is qualified. It is interesting that USA visa has no such certification requirement.

In addition to regular visa, most countries have an investor's visa that requires a substantial amount of cash (usually starting at around USD1mm or so). That's out of my price range for now.

The only other option that both legal and allows me to live where I want as long as I want is to marry a local. That's also not an option I want to consider.

#15     Sep 4, 2011
  6. LOL, complete nonsense.

#16     Sep 4, 2011
  7. Western Europe is quite expensive for americans right now. asia is not that bad. Yet.

#17     Sep 4, 2011
  8. rwk> i'm not a lawyer, but the european union allows for free trade and passage of people. The borders are open.
    so imo, if you have a visum for spain you are allowed to move freely between the EU countries.

#18     Sep 5, 2011
  9. moarla

moarla

that is correct.
    easy places to obtain a visa is Malta or Latvia

#19     Sep 5, 2011
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Chuck Krug

09-05-11 02:42 AM

rwk> i'm not a lawyer, but the european union allows for free trade and passage of people. The borders are open.
    so imo, if you have a visum for spain you are allowed to move freely between the EU countries.

You are wrong free passage is only on paper, a few months ago France deported Romanian Gypsies ( Roma) and Romania is part of EU. You must show financial ability to support yourself or have a job certified by an employer.

#20     Sep 5, 2011