Why DON"T "profitable" traders take the time to train people remotely and for a fee?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OddTrader, May 29, 2009.

1. drcha

drcha

And how about:

15. Trader is afraid that if he teaches someone else how to trade and they lose money using his method, they will sue him.

#31     Jun 1, 2009
  2. I'll teach anyone that wants to know how to trade for 25.00 a month (first 2 months free) Just PM me. Seriously, If you're struggling and determined to make it like I was, and if paying a small 25.00 a month to gain knowledge and insight that took me over 4 yrs to learn is worth the cost to you, then you have a shot.

Sounds good you say, but where is this guys account statement?...

Right here :)

I'm up 27% YTD

#32     Jun 1, 2009
  3. I taught college and business seminars for many years before I retired to trade full time. The first thing a teacher does is build their lesson plan toward a typical student. To have an affective training session that involves a trading method the teacher would have to build it around areas like:

- Trading Style. The trading instructor has to refine the course to fit the trading instrument, time intervals and trade frequency to name a few.
    - Risk and money management tolerances. The trading instructor would have to build a set of risk and money management principles that work for the trading style they are promoting.

I could add more, but the point is the student has to pour into quite a mold in order to learn this teacher’s method of trading. Either the student accepts all the limitations of this teacher’s method or they move on. Traders more often than not are just not comfortable with the trading style, time intervals being traded, risk management or money management that the teacher is presenting. It does not take much for a student trader to become disillusioned with a trading method if it does not “feel right” for them.

Today the trading software and trading method industry are very large. They depend on the fact that traders will buy a huge number of trading solutions before they either build one that suits them or adopt a method and learn to live with its style and nuisances.

#33     Jun 1, 2009
  4. probably not a major concern, although perhaps people have tried to sue various courses.

an instructor does not owe a fiduciary duties to his students,
    unlike a mutual fund, which should, in fact, manage other people's money "prudently", according to his business judgment

i think the best shot would be to argue there are some implied gaurantees of performance in a system.

well, there are tons of disclaimers to deal with that. that's the point. read the small print. some of it does make sense

the relationship between an instruction company and the student, is governed by contract. i'm sure there are tons of provisions on limitation of liability, 'no warranties' provisions, disclaimers etc etc etc

so the model is: "i teach you this super stuff, and from there you're on your own... if it doesn't work, too bad"

that's the point. a money manager, a fund manager can at least get sued for breach of fiduciary duty, maybe even fraud if there's crime involved. at least there is some chance of success, maybe a settlement somewhere along the way

trading methods . . . i don't know .. .

although i have to say this: audit firms do get sued now and then, because they sign off on their opinions about a company's financial position, it's a formal thing

i don't think bullshit training courses sign off on anything, except when they receive money from you . .. when it comes to other people's money, they're happy to sign off

Varima Garch

#34     Jun 2, 2009

5. do like others do

a) get their MBA in Finance, with a number of classes in trading, current portfolio analysis, computer programming and mathematics

b) move to a city, yes a city, where you can get a finance / trading related job and get a background in trading or finance and investment management

c) have some skills to offer these professional traders,

d) now, come back and ask the same question

RESULT.....

success, iow, a different answer, somewhat like, yes, you can be trained (for a fee)

oh, now, you can move back to where-ever it was you started from...

#35     Jun 2, 2009
  6. they want to become an alpha male

example jack hershey, alex, anek, chaos, professor etc

#36     Jun 2, 2009
  7. drcha

drcha

What should happen and what does happen are two different things. Anyone can sue you for anything, no matter how little sense it makes, and you are then obligated to spend your time and money responding. This is the main reason I will not teach anyone to trade and will not trade for anyone else. I simply tell them what to read that has helped me, and I hope it helps them as well.

#37     Jun 2, 2009
  8. pspr

pspr

That sounds fair. So what have you found in your reading material that has been helpful in your trading? THX

#38     Jun 2, 2009
  9. SwineFlu

SwineFlu

Good post . . . and the founder of MADD was picked up for DUI a few years ago.

#39     Jun 2, 2009