Why Doesn't QCharts Have Globex Energy Contracts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 17, 2006.

1. The full range of NYMEX energy products now trade on the globex platform, similarly to the situation with CME currency futures. In other words, they trade concurrently with the pit-traded contract, and additionally trade around the clock. In addition, there are mini versions of the oil and nat gas contracts. As far as I can tell, none of these is available on QCharts, even though QCharts does have the other globex products, eg currency futures.

I think it is obvious that when you subscribe to a product like QCharts and the relevant real time feeds, in this case NYMEX and CME, you expect to be able to access all the contracts they offer. QCharts subscribers cannot do this however. Personally, i find the situation baffling and unacceptable. It is almost like they decided to stop adding new IPO's because there were getting to be too many stock tickers.

I wish an ESig rep could provide an explanation for why these important enhancements are not available.

2. If you want "Some-what" real time data, u can try Tradestation. Im convinced there is not one quality charting company, so good luck.

3. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Are you sure you have subscribbed to the way over priced and unreliable NYMEX data feed and not just the Globex one?

Although the product trades on Globex, I believe the data still belongs to NYMEX, so you must pay them, not the Merc.

I'm not 100% on this, but I would imagine that is the case.

Hope it helps.

4. I know at least on tradestation, the new WS contract requires the full nymex entitlement

5. I am sub'd to NYMEX, otherwise I couldn't get anything.

Jerry Medved must love seeing this type of stuff. Use Quote Tracker and IB and get it for free. Or suffer with ESig.

6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

We are working on adding the miNY energy contracts to QCharts and LiveCharts. As you can see below, we just started testing this internally this week, and we are scheduled to release this sometime in the first-half of August. Please keep in mind that these initially will only be available to full NYMEX subscribers, and later in the year, we'll have them separated out into a separate package.

[​IMG]

7. Jay,

Thank you for the info. Since QCharts already provides globex and NYMEX data, why is it so hard to add a couple of extra contracts? As I recall, there was no delay in adding the ES/NQ emini-s when they came out. Ditto with the side-by-side currency futures.

Honestly, I am not trying to pick a fight here, but I think most subscribers are mystified as to how you can claim to offer a full service data feed and not offer the most important NYMEX products. If there is some huge tech issue, I can accept that, but I just can't imagine what it is.

8. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

I don't have the exact details as to why, but I can say that there was a significant configuration issue that took awhile to track down. Now certainly, it wouldn't have taken all of this time to locate and correct this problem. It was mostly a prioritization thing. When eSignal picked up Quote.com we identified the need to bring in the miNY's as a high priority request and we are getting that in the feed as mentioned previously.

I hope that answers your questions.