WHY DOESN'T Interactive Brokers rebate traders for adding liquidity?????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by beaburt, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaburt

beaburt Guest

If you trade alot of volume and you are an active liquidity adder, wouldn't the rebates add alot to your performance.

#11     Aug 29, 2002
  2. Not sure, probably not though. How about you research it and update us, oh say, next month about this time, with any information you find? Sounds good to me.

#12     Aug 29, 2002
  3. Eldredge

Eldredge

It would also be just and fair if they charged for taking away liquidity and charged ECN fees like most other brokers. Every time I hear about another broker that is supposed to have commissions as low as Interactive Brokers I check it out. By the time I work my way through their convoluted fees and charges, they are much more expensive for the way I trade. IB has a very simple structure that apparently is profitable for them, and is very easy for their customers to deal with. I probably add liquidity more than I take it, but I still much prefer the simple commissions - I can execute wherever I want, whenever I want, and know exactly what my commissions will be.

#13     Aug 29, 2002
  4. Are you asking us or telling us? Aren't you supposed to be shamelessly self-promoting your firm? You had better work harder.

#14     Aug 29, 2002
  5. beaburt

beaburt Guest

IB is definitely not the cheapest commission structure out there, what planet are you guys from?

#15     Aug 29, 2002
  6. beaburt

beaburt Guest

That is a joke!!!!!!!

#16     Aug 29, 2002
  7. Quah

Quah

Well, who is then?

#17     Aug 29, 2002
  8. I think "beaburt" is a message board auto responder. I think they call them trolls. Notice he does not respond to any posts.

#18     Aug 29, 2002
  9. beaburt

beaburt Guest

There are firms that offer all in rates with liquidity rebates, and sub 1 dollar rates on options, deal with that IB, Cybercorp etc, it is simply the truth!!!!!!!

#19     Aug 29, 2002
  10. Eldredge

Eldredge

I will second that. Who is cheaper for less than 1000 shares of stock?

#20     Aug 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.