Why doesn't Germany just invade Greece?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Jul 25, 2012.

1. +

Your post makes sense. But war is going on now. The Germans have launched a full scale attack on Greece because it is the only EU country that fought against them in WWII. Just think of it: France surrendered immediately, they pretended they were under attack and only England and Greece continuoued to fight against the Nazis. The Germans were delayed in the battle of the island of Crete and had many causalties. That delayed the invasion of Russia and the winter caught up with them. Greek army escaped to Middle East and fought with the English against Germans trying to get the oil.

Biggest mistake then of Germany to attack Greece. Biggest mistake of Germany now to attack Greece again. Germany is about to lose. If euro goes down, unemployment in Germany will hit 20% in 5 years. Best way out of this for Germany is to concede to massive issues of Eurobonds. Otherwise, it is the end of Germany as we know it. Most Germans are not Nazis and do not deserve this. They are just hard working people. The political game going on over there is hurting them.

#51     Jul 29, 2012
  2. d08

d08

Okay, Mr. Looney Tunes.
    No German in 2012 cares or even knows about what happened in Greece during WW2. You seem to be the only one stuck in history.
    I suggest there should be some sort of a Nordic union of countries that are actually fiscally responsible and not manipulating the numbers.
    It's funny now that Greece took what was essentially monetary aid (where my tax euros also went, not yours intradaybill, mind you). Now they're major supporters of financial transaction taxes - they really redefine irony.

#52     Jul 29, 2012
  3. d08

d08

Greeks are no victims of the aggressive Turks, it's rather different.
    Even today, Greece forces Macedonia to use "Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia", that's akin to the states forcing Mexico to name itself "Former Spanish Colony of Mexico" due to a state called New Mexico existing in the US. It's absurd and beyond any logic.

#53     Jul 29, 2012
  4. if you live in the United States, on a bad night you get to thinking, we could have saved a lot of lives and money if we had just let the South secede. Bye guys, good luck with your slavery and cotton.

#54     Jul 29, 2012
  5. when you think about it, Abraham Lincoln was the worst president in history. Up until him, we had a democracy. He was the first guy to say, "If you don't vote the way we want you to vote, we will kill you."

#55     Jul 29, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

"I suggest there should be some sort of a Nordic union of countries that are actually fiscally responsible and not manipulating the numbers."

that has been part of my solution for a long time. greece and the latin nations should withdraw from the euro and form their own currency bloc. or germany and northern europe should withdraw and form their own currency union.the result will be a northern euro and a southern euro.

the same is already true in north america. you have a garbage southern dollar called the$US and a solid northern currency called the $C.

#56     Jul 29, 2012
  7. it use to be kind of a joke, but now that CAD is really moving, almost pip for pip with AUD.

You're too young to remember, but back in the 1970's they had what they called the "Small is Beautiful" movement.

I never go much benefit from it all, the girls always still went for the tall guys. But everynow and then I could talk one of them into it, "Yeah baby, I'm the new cool, small is beautiful (and that goes for your breasts also.)"

#57     Jul 29, 2012
  8. No further concessions can be made to Greece, Germany's Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Sunday, amid widespread concern that Greece is way off meeting its bailout conditions....

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=141790

#58     Jul 29, 2012
  9. I thought your case was more of someone who doesn't know the facts but I now think you are an idiot and racist. US and Mexico situation is totally different. Self- called Macedonians are Slavs and they have attempted to steal and capitalize on Greek history. Does anyone with a sane state of mind think Alexander the Great was a Slav? Can you be a Slav with a Greek mother and father and Greek teacher, Aristotle that is? So why did they put his statue in the central square of FYROM?

Balkans have a long history of war and territorial conflicts. Greece does not force FYROM to do anything. It is the UN which has done that after recognizing the aggressions of FYROM. They asked then to choose a name that points to a geographical distinction like "North Macedonia". Greeks accepted that. Fanatics in FYROM do not want that. They want to use plain Macedonia. Are you aware that is the name a adjacent long-time Greek province? The Brits went to fight in Falkland for a piece of rock.

Are you aware how many disputes like that have been in Europe even in mainstream regions. I think you have something against Greeks and that is the whole idea of your posts. Your posts are not motivated by pure Economics but by racism. I am telling you again that every idiot and his brother understand that Greece is a drop in the bucket and the problem with EU is much bigger and deeper but Greece is used to mask it.

Now, take some history books and study Greek history. Astronomy, Mathematics, especially their axiomatic form, Logic, Medicine, Drama, Philosophy etc. were established as formal sciences in Greece, of course with previous influences from countries like Babylonia and Egypt but it is there where they became science. If you do not respect that and you do not pay tribute to these historical facts and truths you are just a fanatic in a state of denial.

#59     Jul 29, 2012
  10. yeah well all I want to know is, intradaybill, can you reccommend a good restaurant, and do you have a sister or cousin that knows how to cook and is unmarried?

I've already converted a couple of times, so converting to Greek Orthodxy would be no big deal.

#60     Jul 29, 2012