Why doesn't Germany just invade Greece?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Jul 25, 2012.

1. The south IS corrupt. The only political entity that I can think of that is more corrupt than Southern European governments is the KuoMinTang

#31     Jul 27, 2012
  2. mm19

mm19

probably you not aware that mid/southern europe is genetically in large degree from india. so, inherited corruption too. check their toilets and food higyene. It is nothing wrong with that but germans know enough that this is and will be the case and cigoyners cant be educated.

however, they still created this union ??!?!?!

#32     Jul 27, 2012
  3. d08

d08

Yeah, the poor Greeks were just sad victims. No.
    Greek people voted to elect people that screwed up the economy. It's a country where a large group of people doesn't pay any income taxes, never mind cap. gains taxes.
    They received billions from EU regional aid packages, just like the Spaniards. At least most Spaniards have the common sense to blame their own government, the people who really were guilty of misspending which was more like larceny. How many Greeks do you need to change a light bulb?...3 (no, really, I'm not joking).

#33     Jul 27, 2012
  4. But you see I am following you and your statments are contradictory. How can people in a country with a huge public sector avoid paying taxes? Can you avoid paying taxes when you get a paycheck from the gov?

Greeks spent most of their money buying weapons from Germany, US and Russia after continuing threats for war from Turkey. That is their biggest problem. I think you have no real contacts in that region. You are just a racist for reasons you only know. I have contacts and know the situation first hand.

For example, from 1996 to 2004, the PM of Greece was a German educated fella with his brother in a high political post in one of the German parties. He was the one who cooked the numbers so that Greece joins the euro and gets into debt. During that time, most of the aid that Greece got from EU went for buying German weapons like submarines that turned out to malfunction.

You see, you know too little, you should not be talking at all unless you are just a racist. EU was a German scheme to enslave the south.

#34     Jul 27, 2012
  5. d08

d08

But you see my statements are NOT contradictory. Do 100% of Greeks work in the public sector? No. The ones in the private sector paid little to no taxes, that includes the shipping magnates.
    The Greek people elected their leaders, homeland of democracy and all that. So when things were great, they didn't complain but when it turned around - everyone else was at fault.
    I remember a piece on TV where Greeks complained that they can't take their annual holidays abroad this year and they seriously thought that was economic hardship - hilarious; they have forgotten what economic hardship really is.
    I have something that is at least as valuable as contacts in the region - outsider's perspective.

Malfunctioning German submarines? Riight :)

Greeks are exactly like one other country in the region, whatever they do - they're always the victims. Greeks are of the same race as me, might want to prop up on your terms as I think you meant ethnic discrimination.
    Spaniards and Italians at least admit that the problems are of their own, much respect to them for that.

#35     Jul 27, 2012
  6. baron193

baron193

Your understanding of what really is going on in Greece is limited,
    Greece's problems stem from at least the fight for freedom in 1821 against the Turks, and the instalation of Bavarian king right after the successfull ousting.
    The fault lies in part with the Greek people, but never underestimate the ability of their so called "helpers" or should that be "lenders" to divide and concour and also take back 10 times as much as they lend.
    Vote for either of the two parties and you'll get the same result, the same apply to many nations.

#36     Jul 28, 2012
  7. baron193

baron193

What a morron!!

#37     Jul 28, 2012
  8. economic war... Greece leverages up and plays the same hand in cards the big banks played against us in the US ... to big to fail... its the perfect option for a big player.. milk the system .. put the people in harms way where they have to bail you out. Good ole George Soros in his new book speculates that Germany is in a better position by keeping greece devaluated and suggests and venture capitalist resolution to the whole thing from Germanys standpoint.. Bottom line is that i agree with him in this respect.. there is no central monitary fiscal regulation in the euro zone.. so the small countries could devaluate the currency at the expense of the other countries.. whether they planned to do it or not.. its whats happened.

#38     Jul 28, 2012
  9. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

Right, the north is absolutely honest, nobody pays bribes, every businessman knows that !
    Sorry, may I laugh now ? :D

LOL funny thread ! And perhaps you're not aware that without the "dirty" romans, northern europeans would be still going to the bathroom in their backyard :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_technology
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_aqueduct

And by the way, talking about toilets, do you even know what a "bidet" is ? :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet
    Ah, this unknown weird device... maybe after the next Third European War, they will create a political union, and the use of the bidet will spread all over the continent :D

#39     Jul 28, 2012
  10. You have no idea of what you are talking about. Since I know the situation first hand from high contacts in the region, shipping magnates live in London and Geneva and operate offshore corporations. You insisting to say irrelevant things approaches the limits of psychosis for reasons you only know.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703636404575352991108208712.html

Read the above. Germans sold very expensive defective submarines to Greeks after overcharging for other projects through corrupted Siemens, a well-known international scandal. Corruption in Germany is higher than in Greece.

Now read this because you have to learn where the Greek money went:

"Since the 1974 Turkish invasion of Cyprus, Greece has spent an estimated €216bn on armaments, although I am 100% certain that in absolute terms its defence expenditure is much greater than official documents would show due to the so-called secret funds the state has access to," said Katerina Tsoukala, a Brussels-based security expert.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470954

See how much the Germans have gotten:

[​IMG]

and the bastards complain that Greece is lazy.

Through continuous threats from Turkey for a war, Greece has been driven to a financial crisis. These threats I would not be surprised they were motivated by third parties who benefited from arms sales.

#40     Jul 28, 2012