Why does Tracinda always purchase over the price the stock is trading at?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by robbie380, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Does anyone have any clue? It makes no sense to me.

2. it is his goal to show 'confidence'

i wouldn't be surprised that when he buys at a premium he uses calls to neutralize his supposed premium and gets retail sheeples to push his stock higher.

also, he is QUITE old. so he may know something u and i don't.

3. well he does things contra to every major "investor" in the market. he always does things like tenders to get stock. you would think that just him buying would be enough to show confidence.

also, the retail aspect of things is insignificant.

4. shfly

shfly

Believe he was buying more than a few hundred or few thousand shares...that's most likely the reason for the AM bump...
    :D

5. this is already known.

6. Isn't there a rule that says if you own 5% or more of a company you have to make certain filings with the SEC and to describe the nature of your investment (i.e. are you trying to take over the company, passive investment, etc)? I believe Tracinda was already just under 5% in their long position on Ford.

7. yeah but he "only" bought an extra 1%. that's about 20 million shares that he easily could have purchased on the open market at lower levels.

anyhow he always seems to do this crap. the most recent one being TSO before F. that one would have been horrible if he didn't pull his tender offer.