Why does this happen ? Please help

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashclay, Jul 7, 2021.

1. More sellers than buyers

GAT

#11     Jul 7, 2021
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Got any hot Day Trading tips and techniques based on that observation?

#12     Jul 7, 2021
  3. kmiklas

kmiklas

Looks like an algo signature to me. You don't show volume, but I imagine some variant of VWAP, or even TWAP based on the regular time intervals of the drops. Part of writing a good algo is faking out the competition... show a nice clean trend one way, then drop a hard trade the other. Like a boxer throwing a jab to get the opponent to raise their guard... then land an uppercut. It's trying to achieve Transaction Cost (Analysis) TC(A) goals.

If you see it again have a little fun and try to time one and make a buck.

Trading is war, my friend... and, as Sun-Tzu said, "All war is based on deception."

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    #13     Jul 7, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

If you numbered your bars, it would be easier to comment. Not all the bars you have circled have the same context.

#14     Jul 7, 2021
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Until you know chart patterns like breathing, you should not trade. If you were to take car ride from Battery Park Ny, Ny and only taking US roads instead of Interstates, have no GPS, you would need a map to get to Disneyland, CA. Same thing, without knowledge of past, really tough to anticipate the future. Support/Resistance is key, plus patterns of ends of swings and major trends.

On small value stocks, why they jump hard can be variety of reasons, some have no fundamental reasons. I never use funnymental info, can't backtest this easily. if you don't see a very clear entry, drop and look elsewhere, don't get married to one instrument, have several others to check out. Buying low on support risk is lower, selling short high on resistance risk is lower. Risk low, seek higher rewards. I seldom trade anything under 5 bucks, too jumpy.

Good luck.

#15     Jul 7, 2021
  6. You need to understand how flow/volume impacts price volatility through the day. Volume at bid or ask tells you who’s in the drivers seat.

#16     Jul 7, 2021
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Does this imply to you
    More Sell-ERS than Buy-ERS?
    or
    More Sell-ING than Buy-ING?

The Chart Patterns do not care.
    They are like the Honeybadger.

#17     Jul 7, 2021
  8. Ditto!

Trying to trade without "market knowledge" of the chart is like starting out on a trip to a desired destination, but you don't know how to read a map.

#18     Jul 7, 2021
    Tradex likes this.
  9. kmiklas

kmiklas

I see your point, but disagree, because I think that live trading is the best way to learn. Paper trading is ok at the start, but you must have some skin in the game to _really_ learn. I love to see peeps getting out there, taking their lumps, and learning lessons.

I advocate for trading with live money IN SMALL AMOUNTS, so that losses are minimized, and education is maximized. Study every trade carefully, and soak up every lesson it has to teach.

There is no substitute for experience. Like Livermore said, "A man needs an education, and he has to pay for it."

#19     Jul 7, 2021
    KCalhoun and cashclay like this.
  10. kmiklas

kmiklas

It implies that somebody has an algo running on the instrument.

#20     Jul 7, 2021