Why does the market LOVE Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MarketMasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. The market loves sequestration. The S&P 500 has increased about 13% since sequestration became law on August 2, 2011 (Budget
    Control Act of 2011). :)

The market loves Republican control of the House of Representatives. The S&P 500 has increased about 23% since January 2011. :)

#11     Mar 5, 2013
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Exactly. Correlation vs. causation, and all that.

#12     Mar 5, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

I think we had that little dip when Obama was out trying to scare the crap out of everybody about Sequestration. Then when it happened and everybody realized what a liar Obama is, the market snapped back to the trend which was the QE rally mode - at least until the Fed has second thoughts or until the next fiscal cliff arrives. :D

#13     Mar 5, 2013
  4. The stock market loves my daughter. She invested some of her savings and the market's been going up ever since. It's obvious that she has supernatural powers. There's no other possible explanation.

#14     Mar 5, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Post her signals, please. :D

#15     Mar 5, 2013
  6. MarketMasher is another one of those useful idiots who credits Obama for the good, but doesn't blame him for the bad. [​IMG]

#16     Mar 5, 2013
  7. Ricter

Ricter

That's like you, only reversed.

#17     Mar 5, 2013
  8. Arnie

Arnie

So.....

It's not Bush's fault (or should I say credit)?

:D

Face it, if the market were going down, the left would still be blaming Bush.

#18     Mar 5, 2013
  9. +100

I agree! What a fkin' idiot... :D

#19     Mar 5, 2013
  10. Good post Max. I'll bet most people don't give a flying fuck that the market is up as they probably have little, if any, money invested. The overall economy is clearly worse off than it was last time we got here.

The market is up because there is NO WHERE else to get a decent return. So those trying to put their money to work are basically being herded into more risky assets.

#20     Mar 5, 2013