Why does the market defy rationality?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dearinfinity, Apr 15, 2009.

1. So the question I have is: Where is stock_trad3r? This is his time to shine. I should be seeing the "100% up room to go, buy all dip$" posts all over the trading forum, yet he is not around.

Maybe he finally went short in secret and that's why the rally is happening and he's gone.

#31     Apr 16, 2009
  2. Umm, is Roman Candle the trad3r? He just started a Buy the Dip thread...

#32     Apr 16, 2009
  3. eagle

eagle

Bullish, bullish, …, bullish… One day he've got enough being bull and turned bearish then the markets rally. :D

#33     Apr 16, 2009
  4. Where's the thread? I'll check.

#34     Apr 16, 2009
  5. Nevermind. I just looked it up. While it is entirely possible it could be him, it's unlikely since Roman Candle is posting from a location quite a distance from the turd3r's known area.

and it's not a proxy or a ghost, it's a legitimate and static ip.

#35     Apr 16, 2009
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

there's a difference.... Roman Candle said buy the dip and he was actually correct for now.. Stock turder said buy the dip 600 S&P points ago...:D

#36     Apr 16, 2009
  7. I've been thinking the two aliases are the same person because it seems Roman Candle always posts after turder, backing him up completely.

But if you say they are not the same then I will believe you almighty moderator!

#37     Apr 16, 2009
  8. ammo

ammo

people ar rational,the market exploits this...somewhere ,it started with arca and electronic trading,all the public and institutional electronic trades are recorded like a large position,i assume the totals for the 2 different types of traders are different. I know goldman or morgan bought out arca, not sure which,,but when the balance gets over short or over long,they have the data and can just squeeze us whenever they feel its time. One big circus. They are the shepards, we are the sheep

#38     Apr 16, 2009
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Considering many of the posts here on ET it seems perfectly logical that the market should be irrational. :D

(I secretly agree completely with you Ammo. Don't tell anyone.)

#39     Apr 16, 2009
  10. And they both come from the same simple simon mentality.

You have to read Roman's posts in that new thread to appreciate his lack of mentality...

#40     Apr 16, 2009