Why does TA not work (for you)?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Xspurt, Aug 4, 2012.

1. ocean5

ocean5

It`s all an approximaion and another dead end,i suspect.I`d rather study something related to certainty.

#21     Aug 4, 2012
  2. Exactly.

Post a blotter, or it's bullshit.

TA makes ass clowns out of the arithmetically incompetent.

#22     Aug 4, 2012
  3. ocean5

ocean5

I agree.It`s kinda obvious until it is not,and you are already in.:eek:

Then what?Train of thoughts.

#23     Aug 4, 2012
  4. Ocean I gotta go out now but I'll deal with that later. To help, can you tell me the time frame you were trading and if you were holding overnight or day trading.

#24     Aug 4, 2012
  5. Hi Jcl - How are those software sales doing?

No comment on efficacy .. but from memory your package was better though out than most.

Feel free to post a link, hook a muppet etc.

#25     Aug 4, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

i was trading FDAX - European session 45 min after the opening.TF was 8 minute.I was out with loss by 7 or 8 am EST,as far as i remember...

#26     Aug 4, 2012
  7. The so called "black swan" event occurred on several stocks on my list yesterday (hon, itw, nsc). I knew that these stocks were moving up like this because I use a technical indicator that told me so.

However, I was unconcerned with these stocks because the way the market was moving up, I was concerned with buying bottoms and I have a technical indicator that tells me which stocks these were.

I got 19 buy signals from two other indicators that I use and 18 of these were successful.

Regards
    hoodooman

#27     Aug 4, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

This is a missing element i`m looking for.An indicator signaling the Black Swan events.Any chance you`ll give some tips on what kind of an indicator that is?

#28     Aug 4, 2012
  9. Sure.

#29     Aug 4, 2012
  10. ocean5

ocean5

All ears...

:)

#30     Aug 4, 2012