Why does religion still exist ?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by bigarrow, May 11, 2010.

1. ...............LMFAO

worthless fucking people

#51     May 13, 2010
  2. and when I say "worthless fucking people"....

it's directed squarely at you ...

#52     May 13, 2010
  3. bkveen3

bkveen3

I just don't understand how people who believe in God are the closed minded and ignorant ones when you say things like this. There are closed minded and ignorant people in every group. But it seems like atheists have a disproportional amount. How can you be angered by people because you say they are closed minded and at the same time refuse to show people who disagree with you any kind of mutual respect. I just don't understand how you can hate an entire group because there are members of it who are misguided. I don't hate black people simply because there are some black people who are in gangs and kill innocent people.

I guess my point is that you are propagating the kind of hate that you are supposedly rallying against.

#53     May 13, 2010
  4. Wallet

Wallet

My faith is made a reality by the evidence of God's presence in my life. I don't expect you to understand, but what I believe is not based on just accepting the Bible and what it says without proof, it's not just a head knowledge but a heart transformation that surpasses emotions, but in effect is alive and life changing. Not bound up in following a set of rules in order to obtain something. Actually it's the opposite, what I'm talking about is more like a gift, and am no longer bound by what you would call a" religious set of rules" to live by or else. But I try to live my life by those laws, the best I can, in appreciation for what I have been given.

That gift is peace and a true sense of happiness and contentment and so much more.

So, I don't really ask why, because I know God is real, and can see the evidence in my life, those why factors are very elementary in my faith.

I'm not into trying to find the correct interpretation " was it one actual day, or was a day like a thousand years, what did this or that actually mean, ect. ect..... although I am fully capable of discussing what ever topic you would like.

I don't accept anything anyone says without comparing it to God's word, in fact I find fault with a lot of preachers and evangelists, but that doesn't mean they are wrong with the basic tenants of Christianity.

Just know it's real and available to everyone.

#54     May 13, 2010
  5. you forgot one option. did it actually happen? see, people like you start with your indoctrination and stubbornly dig in your heels trying to defend what all scientific enquiry shows is just not true.
    if your little security blanket gives you comfort more power to ya. just dont expect to spew superstitious nonsense on a public forum unchallenged. this isnt sunday school. you are interacting with educated grownups now.

The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be relieved only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance, called "faith."
    -- Robert Green Ingersoll

#55     May 13, 2010
  6. because you refuse to accept what the evidence shows you. you have a right to believe whatever superstitious nonsense you want. you just dont have a right to present it as truth on a public forum unchallenged.

#56     May 13, 2010
  7. Wallet

Wallet

Lol, I think you missed the context of my post. It's real to me, your opinions and the fact that you can't quantify or qualify it in a scientific context, doesn't discount the fact.

Sorry my words offend you, you're free to think and believe whatever you want. But I know what's real in my life, and what personal happiness and forgiveness I've found.

enough said, regards

#57     May 13, 2010
  8. can you understand that just because something is real to you does not make it in fact real? the evidence dictates what is real. not your emotions.
    do you understand what a placebo is? if you take a sugar pill and you feel better was the pill real? if you pray and feel better was there really something up there listening?

#58     May 13, 2010
  9. i am not offended. i love a good debate. i just like to make people think about what they believe and why they believe it with tough questions.

#59     May 13, 2010
  10. Religion is the Yoke we use to harness the masses to do our bidding.

If you speak in tongues and writhe in fake agony, people give you money and resources. Watch a benny hinn video and you get the idea.

#60     May 13, 2010