Why does religion still exist ?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by bigarrow, May 11, 2010.

1. If you have to ask...

you're less than observant

#41     May 12, 2010
  2. debate away. i like a good debate. you think you have new ideas about old superstitions?
    i only have one rule. no pratts. you have already committed one by claiming einstein believed in god.

#42     May 12, 2010

3. how about new superstitions? do they exist?

#43     May 13, 2010
  4. it really is about separating those WHO MAKE NO SENSE ... from those who do

#44     May 13, 2010
  5. you expect me to respect the opinion of someone who claims there was once a talking snake? why should i respect your opinion if you demonstrate willful ignorance?

#45     May 13, 2010
  6. you gotta an answer as to what makes sense?

Here's mine:

VOTE ALL LIKE IDIOTS OUT THIS FALL

#46     May 13, 2010

7. do you have any clue as to the entertainment you've brought the world?

#47     May 13, 2010
  8. It would be impossible for me to overstate how horrid an individual I believe you to be ...

LOL

#48     May 13, 2010
  9. The simple, inescapable fact is this: more death, despair, heartache, butchery and outright evil has been the doing of those who Believe in God than any other polity in the history of human civilization. Religious Believers are the largest group of judgmental, cruel-hearted, dogmatic people who have ever organized and shared their ideas.

The resident Spaghetti Monster types will chime in and assert that this is not the case. Assertion is all these people have since proofs mean nothing to them, in any aspect of their lives. As Wallet says, they don't ask 'why'. They just believe. In the mind of a Believer, if the right person says it's true, it's true.

Can you imagine living your life in this way? No, neither can I. That's why it's stunning to consider how many people around here are weak-minded enough to do so.

#49     May 13, 2010

10. Let me point out the obvious....

... EVIL is defined how?

#50     May 13, 2010