Why does no one here give detailed trading advice?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hellothere, Aug 7, 2008.

1. candymr2

candymr2

Exactly.

I also like the part when Livermore/Lefèvre talk about when he is asked how to make easy money in the market. Its like asking a doctor or lawyer how to make easy money in medicine or law. That is why it is best to say, I don't know.

#42     Aug 8, 2008
  2. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

I keep snippets of notes, I have hundreds of them which I cut and paste into a spreadsheet or just write them down as I observe them.

One day I wish to automate my trading sometime, I thought your above quote was quite apt.

Anyhow, here is a quote I have as an addition:

'One key to trading is increasing awareness through proven rules and procedures, so in the event of something unexpected, we would have the correct discipline to make a conscious wise decision requiring action fed to us by our conditioning. Trading via our emotions and possible consequential knee jerk reactions play tricks on us which is not always in our best interest'.

#43     Aug 8, 2008
  3. There are many threads here at ET where traders give specific and in-depth informtation how they trade and approach the markets.

There are others that give vague information.

However, both of the above is very common and currently there are many active threads about such.

Thus, the real question is why is it that you are not able to see such threads. :confused:

Unless the real issue is that what you've read either you don't like the information because it's not appropriate for your trading plan or information is too difficult for you to understand or you don't know how do proper research.

Something else I've noticed which doesn't make any sense...

You specifically said above in your quote that you've been lurking here for a while.

Yet, your registration and first post (this thread) is all in August 2008.

Simply, why did you feel the need to change alias just to make this thread along with the fact that you have not made a single reply. :confused:

I suspect you've spent too much time doing something here at ET in that when it came time for you to start asking questions with help with your trading...

You quickly figure that nobody is going to help you or take you seriously based upon your past posting habits.

Next time be careful of using ET for entertainment purposes only because when it comes time to find some real answers for your trading...

The response you get may be just entertainment.

Mark

#44     Aug 8, 2008

4. speed seduction works with NLP.

Will learning NLP improve my trading?

How best to learn NLP?

Thanks

#45     Aug 8, 2008
  5. tortoise

tortoise

can we just talk about speed seduction instead?

#46     Aug 8, 2008
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Having a talented NLP practictioner work with you will help you master the psychology of trading (pulling the trigger, cutting losses, handling bad days).

Following The Swordsman's advice (page 1 of this post) will make you a better trader.

#47     Aug 8, 2008
  7. I've given advices and detailed instructions to novices. but does it help them make money? probably not.

bottom line --> I don't believe in training. It's all you:D

#48     Aug 8, 2008
  8. ApsII

ApsII

I am new to this site but I also frequent the Worden forum and Free Trading Videos.com and we all share very freely our knowledge and technique. You are right if someone is being vague than they are not real traders.

#49     Aug 8, 2008
  9. lol, or maybe they're just not prepared to hand their strategy on a plate to some freeloader who contributes nothing!

#50     Aug 8, 2008