Why does my streamer charts JAva keep freezing?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by professorkev, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Hey guys. I use TD ameritrade and their stinking streamer program and about 2-3 times during the day it gets bogged (like moving graph charts don't slide across the screen and things move slower for placing order as if the windows need more time to thik before they open)

I have a pretty decent motherboards, plenty of memory 8gb, Quad processor and a high end graphics board.

JAva was updated a few weeks ago

Why would this be happening?
    What stats should I look for on my computer such as memory usage, internet speed (Cable) # of processes going (usually 80 according to task manager)

ANy one help me out, for free of course :wtf:)

2. change brokers.................not a joke!!!!

3. mtt

mtt

Also check your Internet speed and setup. In what environment do you trade from?

To check your speed use this:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Like Larry said, it might be wise to change brokers.

4. Also make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date as they bring out new drivers every couple of weeks. If its an Nvidia google the nvidia website.

5. Download and install www.quotetracker.com it is free for Ameritrade Customers and they have Awesome charting...some of the best. You will have no problems if you use this and you will like it far better.

6. I'll check out a few things on Monday while I am trading. My only question though, which brokers? I pay 9.95 for trading, have some 20 positions and about 50K in cash. How long does it take to transfer over to another broker? a few days? one day?