Why does Marketsurfer get special treatment by Magna?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Clubber Lang, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Oh, the irony....

caugh... Rodney King caugh...

(although it is possible you guys just haven't discovered it yet) :)

#31     Jun 20, 2013
  2. Hey Pekelo,

You wanna bet just $50 via PayPal that I am completely diffferent person than Rodney King? If you are truly convinced, lets bet--- otherwise stop spreading lies.

surf

#32     Jun 20, 2013
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

I am sorry to disappoint you regarding Rodney King, as I was sorry to disappoint Fractal who was similarly convinced regarding Ol' Yella, but neither are marketsurfer. They may be friends, they may even be best buds, I don't know and it doesn't matter. But they are not a secondary alias of marketsurfer. I have cross-referenced every single I.P. address that they have ever logged on with over the entire time of their memberships and there are no matches, not even close matches. So again I am sorry to say, and I know this will be difficult, but you (and Fractal) need to get over it.

#33     Jun 20, 2013
  4. Fractal

Fractal

Sorry bud, I didn't say they had the same IP, I said they're the same person. While I agree that Rodney King isn't surf, Ol' Yella is. Not giving away the tell, but I'd be curious if other savvy traders recognize it.

I just logged in with a new IP: one that's different from <u>every single</u> IP I've used before. It took 30 seconds. If you want, in another 30 seconds I can post under another one. So, I must not be me.

I'm not too concerned if you don't buy it, because, and I'll reiterate -- the issue isn't surf, it's one particular mod's behavior in relationship to one particular poster.

It appears that rule #5 (or any other rule) is selectively applied. Right here before us is a guy who's had probably 30+ sockpuppets, hawked his website, tried to sell things, harassed people, etc. I've identified his socks plenty of times if you look through my posting history. Fine, who cares. I bet a lot of others, like me, don't mind him here at all.

But how are you banning people for doing exactly what he does, and has done, day in and day out, and keeping a straight face with your reasons? It's not like Clubber Lang randomly drew a poster's name out of a hat and said, "Why is Magna supporting Don Bright?" Something's noticeably different here.

#34     Jun 20, 2013
  5. Dude,

For the 5th time-- I AM NOT OL YELLA, nor do I have any known relationship with that alias. FURTHERMORE, Magna has deleted many of my posts and even BANNED me in the past for violations--- there is no special treatment going on-- he is just playing as fair as he can with the regulations. Why are you so bent out of shape about it, yet refuse to back up your opinion with just a teeny tiny amount of capital? Something doesn;t add up here. Perhaps it's YOU with the multi alias hoax going on and you feel GUILTY? surf

#35     Jun 20, 2013
  6. Fractal

Fractal

If you've been banned... how on earth are you posting? I guess that's a special kind of banning -- a premium version the rest of ET doesn't get. :D

Relax, snuggles. I didn't start this thread, and I'm sure marketsurfer's safe, socks or no socks. I'll soon go back to silently reading from the sidelines.

Just raising a relevant issue about moderation for the rest of ET to take note as time goes on.

#36     Jun 20, 2013
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Maybe they are primary aliases, have you ever thought about that? :)

Fractal already pointed out the obvious. But just to educate and entertain each other, you might want to read the search for Bitcoin's funder, Statoshi Nakamoto. Instead of IP search and such, the researchers googled a complicated phrase what the mysterious "Japanese" used in online posts, and there was only one hit, a study on related stuff written by 3 guys. Is it a strong evidence? Well, who knows, but it is a rather strange coincidence.

What is the point of the story? That behaviour, language usage and topic of interests are way more important than IPs when establishing aliases. RK and Surf almost never post parallel, and RK almost always posts in Surf related threads.

But anyway, let's ban Surf again, and see if RK shows up or not?? :)

P.S.: On second thought I don't really care, they/he ads entertainment value....

#37     Jun 20, 2013
  8. Come on guys, put a bit of money behind your allegations-- just $50

If you can't even raise that, you shouldn't be here.

surf

#38     Jun 20, 2013
  9. Let's put it this way...if you were a counter-party to a trade, nobody would do business with you. Comprendo?

#39     Jun 20, 2013
  10. Fractal

Fractal

Quick digression, as I still think all of surf's socks are a tangent to the real issue here. Although years ago I thought RK was surf, too, for the same reasons, I'm now convinced he's not. I've seen him discuss things that are far above surf's education, particularly with regards to stats and finance.

All right, back to the grind. I'll probably maintain radio silence for awhile. I've seen what happens if you say anything bad about the surf for too long ;)

#40     Jun 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.