Why does Marketsurfer get special treatment by Magna?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Clubber Lang, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fractal

Fractal

Also, I might suggest other ETers reading this thread -- take a quick note of this post before it gets deleted. That has been a noticeable phenomenon.

The feedback forum has a particular function. If an individual mod is acting outside of his or her delegated responsibility, that's a legitimate topic for this forum. This kind of thing affects all participants (and thus the bottom line with regards to ad revenue if this kind of thing becomes the norm)

#21     Jun 19, 2013
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean it's an alternate alias that's not true. There is absolutely no overlap between any logon I.P. address of those two members. If you mean he's a friend, or posts at marketsurfer's behest, etc. then I have no way of knowing and it's not against the rules anyway.

Marketsurfer has been around ET a long time and over that duration he was banned a couple of times years ago. During those bans he registered a number of alternate aliases which, when discovered, were always removed immediately.

#22     Jun 19, 2013
  3. Correct. I have nothing to do with the ol yella alias--- I have not used an alias for years and that was only when marketsurfer was banned. Thanks for verifying. surf

#23     Jun 19, 2013

4. Would you be willing to bet just $50 via pay pal on your allegation? surf

#24     Jun 19, 2013
  5. Fractal

Fractal

Ol' Yella is marketsurfer. I can convey the precise tell, which I've seen for every single one of his sockpuppets over the years and is not context dependent. It's precise and no one else deploys it. I will not give it away publicly, or else he will adjust.

I somehow doubt he is sophisticated enough to hide his habits anyway, but that's irrelevant. Marketsurfer will continue to post here, regardless of ET's rules. Frankly, I'm okay with that -- I enjoy his silly nonsense, and I enjoy people bitching at him. But I am calling out how you use your delegated powers to control how people respond to him.

Relatedly, I just tried to send R.R. a PM about Ol' Yella and discovered it's no longer possible. I suspect you banned him under ET conduct rule #5. (And as you can see from my IP, I'm not him). Oddly enough, marketsurfer was never banned under ET conduct rule #5, despite all of us seeing him violate it over and over and over again -- he's here to this day (with at least one operating sockpuppet).

I did PM a few others in this thread about this thread and Ol' Yella though, just in case.

Even if you don't believe that Ol' Yella is marketsurfer, the fact that you might have banned this one guy and supported marketsurfer, when both have had multiple aliases, is an issue of concern.

#25     Jun 19, 2013
  6. Fractal

Fractal

I'd like to draw ET's attention to <a href="http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208993">this thread</a>.

I'm wondering what "a couple of times" means as an integer. Surely it's more than 2.

Actually I suddenly realize Joe was doing all of the enforcement, not Magna.

#26     Jun 19, 2013
  7. Fractal

Fractal

Also, just to be clear, the issue at stake as I see it is not marketsurfer, it's Magna. There may be a legitimate need for a bit of oversight for this particular mod going forward, whereas before it was never really much of a need, at least as long as I've been browsing ET.

#27     Jun 19, 2013
  8. Hey assclown,

You afraid to bet just $50 via PayPal that I have nothing to do with ol yella? If you are truly convinced, lets bet--- otherwise stfu!

surf:mad:

#28     Jun 19, 2013
  9. Fractal

Fractal

I'm not faulting you for your behavior. You can't help yourself, and that's why you're entertaining. The bigger issue at stake is how this site is moderated.

Look, most of us don't mind you continuing to engage in your mental illness. It's when you somehow maintain some bizarre sway over the administration of this website, in which we all participate, that it becomes an issue.

#29     Jun 19, 2013
  10. Hey assclown,

You afraid to bet just $50 via PayPal that I have nothing to do with ol yella? If you are truly convinced, lets bet--- otherwise stfu!

surf

#30     Jun 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.