Why does Marketsurfer get special treatment by Magna?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Clubber Lang, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Surf is not getting special treatment.

It's simple. Surf enters the threads of others, demands proof of those not selling anything, make accusations, sometimes post off topic and many other thing...

Yet, you guys don't use the complaint button about his posts in the threads in others. In contrast, when folks enters the threads of others and does the same to him....he uses the complaint button to get rid of your posts.

Simply, start using the complaint button. If that doesn't work, quote surf's message posts from other threads and then post his quote in his own thread and reply to the quote in his thread.

You'll less likely see your messages deleted. :D

By the way, I've seen many of surf's messages get deleted but I don't know which moderated did such. Thus, it could be Magna or any other moderator.

#11     Jun 19, 2013
  2. That's NOT true. I've used the complain button MANY times and occasionally his post is removed but the majority of times it does not. The moment I write something in the same vein, I get a warning PM.

#12     Jun 19, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've had several of those myself.
    I can't help but sometimes think Magna is a bit of a control freak with an inflated ego.
    Of course now I'll probably be on his hit list for voicing my opinion.

#13     Jun 19, 2013
  4. Magna sent me a few as well

#14     Jun 19, 2013
  5. MattSF

MattSF

Its because Surf whines to Magna with every post outing his bullshit. Magna doesn't want to spend his day moderating one thread. Squeaky wheel.

#15     Jun 19, 2013
  6. Magna bends to surfers every demand?

#16     Jun 19, 2013
  7. There is a rumor some rogue mod is banning anyone who speaks out against market surfer :eek:

#17     Jun 19, 2013
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

BINGO.

Many people assume I see every post of every thread in every forum. 24/7. I don't, and it's helpful members hitting the Complain button that often alert me to problems. When brought to my attention I address them, so for instance if marketsurfer is making posts in various threads that may be out of line let me know. A short while ago some members did, I had a discussion with cornix, and as a result he started the TA - Objective or Psychological Skill? thread to separate the TA chatter from his journal. And earlier today the OP of this thread alerted me to an improper thread started by marketsurfer and it was immediately removed. That's not the first time the OP has alerted me nor the first time a marketsurfer thread has been removed.

Clubber Lang, Lucrum and myself may have our differences but they are honorable people. In contrast a few trolls who posted to this thread along with pretty much every thread marketsurfer ever started or posted to, always relentlessly whining and attacking him, are R. Raskolnikov and Cote Rotie. It turns out they are one and the same person with the same I.P. address (along with The Swordsman and Fah Q). All those aliases have been banned.

ET's Conduct Rules #5 states: "Registration is limited to one username per member. Elite Trader may, without prior notice, immediately terminate any or all of your accounts after discovering you have registered, and/or posted under, multiple usernames."

#18     Jun 19, 2013
  9. Did those 3 aliases IP number lead to the state of Ohio? thanks!

#19     Jun 19, 2013
  10. Fractal

Fractal

Ol' Yella is a marketsurfer's sockpuppet. One of the 30 or 40 he's had on this site over the years (there was a whole feedback thread devoted to this) and yet marketsurfer remains.

This is an area I think Baron might want to weigh in on. Certainly Magna has been useful. While there has been excellent control for inveterate trolls (anyone remember cold?) over the years, there is very specific behavior in this one instance with this one mod and this one poster that is aberrant.

Not only aberrant, purely unilateral. As in, no standard of the rules applied uniformly, whatsoever.

Just a suggestion, Baron.

#20     Jun 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.