Why does Leiberman hate America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Aug 3, 2006.

1. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

this is the silliest thing I've read in awhile.

Conservatives ==> libertarians

Liberals ==> Communists

How amusing I find all these "progressive liberals" running around with tattoo's and pierced noses. Just expressing their individuality!

Sheep indeed.

#11     Aug 3, 2006
  2. Do you think Deans rantings have aided our enemies, lowered troop moral or have worked at cross-purposes of our stated goals in Iraq?

No.

Do you think the left had anything to do with our failure in Vietnam? A war which the left involed us in. How about the left immediately and often invoking Vietnam in comparison to Iraq? Good strategy for victory or defeat?

No.

Do you think marching down the streets of Manhattan burning effigies of Bush dressed as hilter might embolden our enemies?

No, they were "embolden" before that even happened. Bush's failed policies have only made it worse and those failures have embolden the enemy, not what people acting on their constitutional right of dissent have done.

I've been against invading Iraq from day one. Unfortunately too few democrats voted against the Bush plan. And the Left is treasonous.

Not true at all.

I can be a fan of the Cubs, but hate the Lizard...

That is actually the rational position when it comes to the Cubs :D :D :D

#12     Aug 3, 2006
  3. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

You're entitled to your opinions. I'm quite certain that if you took a poll of those directly involved they would disagree.

#13     Aug 3, 2006
  4. Remind me what "our stated goals in Iraq" are? And when were these goals stated?

#14     Aug 3, 2006
  5. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

rid the area of the (phantom) menace of wmd's ...

hey, like I said I always thought this was always a disaster waiting to happen.

there are ways one can voice their objections without appearing to be a lunatic. Like voting against it when they had the chance.

#15     Aug 3, 2006
  6. Direct involvement obscures objectivity...

Detached observance is the method used by scientists...

#16     Aug 3, 2006
  7. Since the wmd's were (phantom) menace, how any criticism, in whatever manner, could possibly harm such stated goals? I see that you're shifting from treason to lunatic. So now you disagree with the right that Dean, Murtha, and most of the Democratic Party should be tried for treason?

#17     Aug 3, 2006
  8. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

I never stated that I believe they should be tried for treason. I do, however, understand how one might be moved to accuse them of it.

As you must be aware, the objective of removing the WMD's in iraq was simply cover for their true objectives, removing Suddam, and creating a battle field in Iraq on which we could slaughter anyone crazy enough to wage JiHad against the US Military.

Mission Accomplished! We'll remain there until the rivers are chocked with every last dead lunatic fanatic.

#18     Aug 3, 2006
  9. I never said you did. So now you're on record in disagreement with the American right which have repeatedly called for treason trials of these people.

If these are not the stated goals of the war, then you cannot accuse anyone of sabotaging "stated goals" by criticizing the war. This kind of mission kreep is the worst nightmare from the military planning point of view.

Besides, it will only generate more and more lunatic fanatic. Decades of occupation of Palestine did not see any decline in the number of fanatics willing to commit murder in the name of their cause.

#19     Aug 3, 2006
  10. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

that is a very good point, one of the best you've made .... if we were speaking scientifically.

establishing guilt in the legal arena is best done when objectivity is obscured to the fullest.

interpretation of the law may be the least scientific approach .... to anything.

ASK JOHN EDWARDS ABOUT THAT!

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/31/p...tml?ex=1154750400&en=85b7b65d54561985&ei=5070

#20     Aug 3, 2006