why does league do away kickoff

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jimbo555, Aug 22, 2011.

1. absolutely! great analogy! i've stopped watching everything but AMA superbike.bring back real car racing too!

#11     Aug 23, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, i hate the new review rules, it just seems like a way for them to squeeze some more commercials into the game.

Atleast if they are going to have someone review every single touchdown, they should have a reff up reviewing from upstairs, and making the call from upstairs, instead of buzzing down the close calls, so that the reff on the field has to run all the way over to the camera, get set up, and then run all the way back.

They could easily have 3-4 guys in the booth, with the ability to monitor and make the calls on all of the games, and it would be a huge timesaver, but i think the league actually wants this to be a colossal waste of time so they can squeeze even more commercials into a game that has already turned into 1 giant commercial.

#12     Aug 23, 2011
  3. Well at least now when a TD is scored, you can take a good 10-20 minute break - they'll need to review every TD now and the kickoff will result in watching a guy kneel or the ball sailing out of the end zone.

So a TD sequence could look like:

1) TD scored
    2) Booth does their 'quick' review
    3) Booth tells on-field ref to do an official review
    4) Maybe throw a commercial or two in here
    5) Watch ref put head in black hut thing reviewing play
    6) Ref says TD was good
    7) Watch PAT
    8) Commercial break
    9) Watch kickoff kneeled for touch back
    10) Commercial break

That entire sequence could easily take 10 minutes, if not more. So when a team scores a TD, good time to go do whatever.

#13     Aug 23, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

This pretty much sums it up, we already had to watch 2 commercial breaks every touchdown, now its going to be 3 commercial breaks on alot of the touchdowns, thats a total joke. Half of the entire game now is going to be consumed by commercials.

Last year I ordered that NFL ticket, assuming that since i was paying for it i wouldnt have to see commercials but low and behold you still got to watch the damn commercials. They should make a channell you can order where there is no commercials so when you are watching your favourite team play you can just get commentary and replays during the 10 minutes inbetween touchdown and game resuming.

If im not watching a team i like then i dont mind bouncing around between games during the commercials, but it is uncanny how they manage to time commercials so that every game is on commercial at almost the same time, you can bounce around between 4 goddamn games and every single one seems to be on a commercial. Its gotten ridiculous, they are completely ruining the game.

#14     Aug 23, 2011
  5. BTW, DirectTV now has FREE NFL ticket offer!

#15     Aug 23, 2011
  6. Player safety? They signed up for the job despite the dangers to bone structure!

#16     Aug 23, 2011
  7. ammo

ammo

they will squeeze more commercials because abc,nbc,cbs and fox haven't any revenue,when cable came out ,it was advertised as commercial free..just a way to collect on commercials and subscribe today

#17     Aug 24, 2011
  8. I'm a huge hockey fan for this reason. Obviously, I love my Green Bay Packers, but at this rate, we might as well put skirts on the quarterback and tape the defensive lineman's hands together behind their back, because it's just getting ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the game is dangerous - but that's why they get paid absurd amounts of money. (Which I don't necessarily agree with. The more people players have gotten, the crappier the game has become in my opinion. A 23 year old millionaire catching a ball cries if he doesn't get 10 touches a game, for example.)

Hockey, yeah, refreshing, get in their and knock somebody's teeth out!

#18     Aug 25, 2011