Why does it seem there so little action now in market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Option Trader, Nov 24, 2009.

1. What the f... are you talking about ??

Never seen Traderzones advertise this system , very unlikely that I would have missed that.

Give some prove of your BS claim,please...

#21     Nov 27, 2009

2. Competing forum ? which one ?

My track record consists of chasing away snake oil scammers.

Pureslick left ET as a sponsor :

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178351&perpage=6&pagenumber=5

Don Miller aliases have left ET

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177074&perpage=6&pagenumber=66

Larry Williams exposed :

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174999&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

Chasing away ET's quality members ? LOL

Snake oil scammers as you can see...

#22     Nov 27, 2009
  3. Puretruth,

What you claim has occurred by those other traders, and what you are alleging occurred by Mark, seem to me two totally different things. Has Mark made any false claims? Has he promoted himself on Elite Trader? It seems he promotes himself elsewhere and lets people know he volunteers his time on chat sites, but what's in the rules and reg's that suggest that is illegal?

#23     Nov 29, 2009
  4. You're chasing the wrong man, Robin. NihabaAshi hasn't promoted his site. Actually he's been one of the few on this site that has shared valuable trading experience/knowledge for years.

Exposing these previous snake oil jokers has made you touchy. Time to hit the batcave and chill out a bit.

[​IMG]

#24     Nov 29, 2009
  5. Volume is a misleading indicator.

I backtested pullbacks on low volume, and they are bearish instead of bullish.

So this ramp up on low volume is more bullish than bearish.

Also volatility measured in ATR is pretty high for a "slow market"

I sometimes wonder if people even have working trading strategies, if they are so dependent on momentum

#25     Nov 29, 2009
  6. you were busy trolling with prior aliases when traderzones ala rcanfiel embarrassed him(her)self with that moniker. offered to sell a proven "system" for $250.000 by pm arrangement. promised to reward baron for any sales completed, felt no need to join as sponsor first.

rcanfiel => traderzones is mentally => emotionally ill. just another worthless troll that insists traders are all stupid for the act of trading. including you puretruth, if you have ever actually traded anything

#26     Nov 29, 2009
  7. gaj

gaj

puretruth - nihaba doesn't promote his website on here. he gives lots of traders valuable information at no cost, with nothing demanded.

he's been doing it for quite a while on here.

and you're giving him grief for it? sheesh.

#27     Nov 29, 2009
  8. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

as a provider of trading systems i look at activity from a rather short sighted point of veiw - usage of my software. i found, to my surprise, that last week volume was strong and increasing, though the number of traders dipped toward the end of the week. infact, friday showed average to higher than average volume for a regular day but, remember, the trading day ended 3 hours earlier than normal.

#28     Nov 29, 2009
  9. We will see once the weekend is behind us.

#29     Nov 29, 2009
  10. quite right.

also to people talking about holiday season, this year's september-october have been more dry and uneventful since long time.

in last year a lot of prop shops/desks have gone busted or shrunk.

if DOW touches 11k or 9k, it may bring in decent participation(volumes).

#30     Nov 29, 2009