Why does it seem there so little action now in market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Option Trader, Nov 24, 2009.

1. the1

the1

Asiaprop is going to be very disappointed with you :D

#11     Nov 24, 2009
  2. Yes but if you follow the those regularly schedule events closely you'll learn which ones tend to have more impact on your trading instrument even if your trading instrument is in a different country.

Mark

#12     Nov 24, 2009
  3. Mark, you seem knowledgeable, so I hope you don't mind me asking this: From your own observations and experience: A) which of the economic reports tends to put the market on FREEZE before the information comes out (other than holidays, and other than interest rates with the Fed)? B) which ones tend to bring about an OPPOSITE response to the expected after the reports come out (other than interest rates with the Fed)?

#13     Nov 24, 2009
  4. it's f-ing amazing isnt it?

each and every single day, for months on end

#14     Nov 24, 2009
  5. #15     Nov 24, 2009
  6. I don't try to guess at what direction the price will go when one of those schedule market events occur.

Instead, I wait for a trade signal to appear (if one appears) in reaction to what the price is doing in reaction to a schedule market event.

With that said, you can't try to use those market events like a trade signal all by itself just like you can't use technical analysis all by itself. Every trading day is different. For example...one day the Leading Indicators is good and the market nose dives...the next day time the Leading Indicators appear and it's good the market powers higher. The point is to not get caught off guard in the middle of a trade and find yourself saying what just happen ?.

You also got to be aware of when something is being hyped as in the talk of the town on the major financial networks. I've seen all too often unimportant events get hyped for several trading days before their release and suddenly they cause a strong directional price movement in the market upon release.

Last of all, learn which of those regular schedule market events has the most impact on your trading instruments instead of trying to determine which direction the market will go unless your more of an economist.

Mark

#16     Nov 24, 2009
  7. Thanks but you may want to contact Baron @ http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2 or http://www.elitetrader.com/co/ if you want to give my free publicity because that link you just posted gave me spike on the server way above the mean. :D

Seriously, I don't promote here and why should you be allow to do it for me and you need to learn how to bash without posting links. Besides, didn't that affiliation you had with TraderZones advertising his trading system for sale $250,000 dollars here at ET down in the classified section work out or not. :confused: :cool:

Besides, everything I've said in this thread has been freely discussed by most at ET including the links I've posted and thanks for showing up to ruin another discussion started by others. :mad:

The thread is now yours.

Mark

#17     Nov 24, 2009
  8. Puretruth,

Not exactly sure where you're coming from. Nothing was being promoted on ET, you just did some research to find out that yes, he actually works for a living! If that's called a violation of anything (and I couldn't imagine how such a thing could even come to question), then yes, he should, and maybe everyone else should go elsewhere.

You seem like you have a competing discussion forum do ET, and are trying to chase away ET's quality members.

#18     Nov 24, 2009
  9. Yes the holidays season slows down volume and volatility but it has been slow overall before the holidays.. so you can't blame it on that... My only guess is that the market has been very volatile from 2008 thru the middle of 2009 so the markets are taking a break... It only make sense... The market doesn't act the same every year... But I do think volatility will come back maybe next year..

#19     Nov 24, 2009
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

We are in a very long-running uptrend. So the institutional buyers following the trend are buying every dip and once a support level is established on a down day by way of a double bottom or higher low, that's the signal to buy more!

#20     Nov 24, 2009