Why does IBKR still have a 30-60 minute wait time to speak to a CSR?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by JesseJamesFinn1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Ahh...the good ole days. Remember when you had to constantly go into the IP settings and dink with stuff? o_O

#21     Nov 21, 2020
  2. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

They give you margin practically for free and have rock bottom commissions and institutional level tools that you don’t get anywhere else. When they answer the first thing I hope you said was “thank you for taking my call, what information can I give you to help me?”

#22     Nov 21, 2020
    MoreLeverage likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

Anyone can get a lower margin using SPX boxes at any broker and depending on your product most of the major brokerages provide the same or better commission. I guess if there is a particular tool that you use that provides you value that exceeds their shit service and the amount you lose when they autoliquidate you because "The Algorithm" screws something up then it might be worth the fealty you seem to think they deserve. They're certainly nothing special to the rest of us.

#23     Nov 21, 2020
  4. n777a

n777a

IBKR is following horrid Verizon customer service. If Vz can get away with it why not IBKR, BofA, etc...

#24     Nov 24, 2020
  5. their customer service really is a problem, they need to fix it

#25     Nov 24, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  6. What is this/how/where can one get better margin rates?

#26     Dec 4, 2020
  7. Sig

Sig

#27     Dec 9, 2020
    legend4life likes this.
  8. Dicer

Dicer

IB CS service is only one of the terrible examples. Price updating speed, incorrect High&Low prices, non-DMA system, and also JAVA environment?............

but I keep using IB because this broker has a low margin rate. What a shame.

PS: 2 days ago, IBHK has a server problem

#28     Dec 10, 2020
    legend4life likes this.
  9. Sig

Sig

You can get a lower margin rate at literally any broker in the country using SPX box spreads, no need to stay with IB for that.
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/cheaper-financing-than-ibs-margin-rates.341064/

#29     Dec 10, 2020
  10. I am wondering how much margin borrowing matters for the average intelligent investor/trader?
    They usually have enough money and seldom short (use options instead). IB's only advertising on TV is the sickening margin rate ad. Who cares? I never use margin that way! Neither should you! Margin trading is for those who hate money!

#30     Dec 11, 2020