Why does IBKR still have a 30-60 minute wait time to speak to a CSR?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by JesseJamesFinn1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Talked to a cool broker, he said "I am short and just buy 100 now to balance it out". Their still the best broker and platform, now I know the program all is good.

#11     Nov 20, 2020
  2. I did, someone finally picked up now and said I am short. Great help on Elite, thank you all!

#12     Nov 20, 2020
    BKR88 likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

90 minutes? Yeah, the support guys must be having one of these days as shown below and are taking longer breaks than usual. I believe 3rd Friday of the month is kinda' busy for options holders? Heh.

#13     Nov 20, 2020
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  4. Good video, funny as hell!.

#14     Nov 20, 2020
  5. Fain

Fain

Their account openings are up over 400% YOY. They're having growing pains and had to hire people remotely.

#15     Nov 20, 2020
  6. R1234

R1234

At Fidelity and Schwab I am talking with a knowledgeable CSR within minutes.
    At IBKR it takes slightly longer plus I have the privilege of paying per share commissions!

#16     Nov 20, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  7. Sig

Sig

Their model is to provide very low commissions. They do that by automating as much as they can, then hiring the bare minimum number of "customer service" reps, most of whom don't possess even the bare minimum of knowledge required to do their job. You get what you pay for, expecting them to answer the phone in a timely manner is like expecting a fillet mignon at McDonald's for $1.00.

#17     Nov 20, 2020
  8. Overnight

Overnight

They got that. It's the Filet 'O' Fish during Lent, on the dollar menu. :)

#18     Nov 20, 2020
  9. Chat is easier for simple stuff, but my experience has been quite good getting IB’s people to assist me when it’s required. It helps to have a bigger account and/or more trading activity I’m sure.

For example, this past week I reported a bug where a certain order type for an obscure product wasn’t going live properly (dark blue vs green). I’m sure this didn’t effect many people or for very long, but there was an opportunity to improve their platform from a limitation it had previously (and would be useful to me going forward), so I went ahead and told them about it.

#19     Nov 21, 2020
  10. Sig

Sig

Let us know when they actually fix it!

#20     Nov 21, 2020