Why Does IB Still Not Offer ECN Pegged Orders?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by giggollo, Oct 17, 2010.

1. def

def Sponsor

My comments were for the joe character who was making assertions that aren't true.

If a client doing very large and significant size requests and algo, I can only speculate what they use it for. For example, sitting on the bid does not guarantee a fill and certain types of orders require fills to match say an ETF creation price, a VWAP, could be time sensitive, etc.

For the pegged orders, keep in mind I am in Asia and US routing isn't my area of responsibility and that is why I haven't answered the questions about whether or not we can make modifications. Nevertheless, I will point the requests to those that will determine whether or not it is something we incorporate into the algos.

#51     Oct 31, 2010
  2. def - Appreciate you participating in the discussion despite it being outside of your direct responsibilities. That said, can we expect to hear some feedback in this thread from whoever does cover this in the US?

#52     Nov 2, 2010
  3. def? DAV? anyone at IB?

#53     Nov 4, 2010
  4. def

def Sponsor

sorry, forgot to post back. I was told it's being looked into (that's all the info i've got).

#54     Nov 4, 2010
  5. Def / DAV:

It's been two months - can you please update on us on what progress has been made on this issue?

#55     Dec 30, 2010
  6. #56     Dec 30, 2010
  7. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

We have not been able to reproduce the issue with the zero-offset relative orders not rolling back, we will continue to try to reproduce it: if you have more recent examples please PM me.

We have no plans to implement negative-offset relative orders (those that are behind NBBO), and we are not currently planning to change positive-offset relative orders to roll back. The native zero-offset pegged order support on ISLAND and ARCA is under consideration.

#57     Jan 4, 2011
  8. DAV- I do appreciate you following up here as you're certainly under no obligation to do so. If you don't mind my asking, what was the rationale behind IB coming to this decision?

#58     Jan 4, 2011
  9. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

Implementing rollback for a positive-offset requires significantly more computing resources, as you need to monitor the deep book to see if the order needs to be rolled back.

#59     Jan 5, 2011
  10. njrookie

njrookie

I do not see how a positive/negative offset rollback is taking more resources than a zero offset rollback. it is all relative to NBBO if i understood it correctly.

#60     Jan 5, 2011