Why does God allow...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

First I'd ask you, "what is 'true'?"

#31     Oct 24, 2011
  2. You seem confused. I am not a creationist. I already stipulated evolution is valid.

If you've refuted the location of the human consciousness A THOUSAND TIMES , then it should be very easy for you to quickly explain how the point I have yet to make is wrong.

#32     Oct 24, 2011
  3. since drugs and religion are similar lets start there. true or not. does concotion x cure x. some feel yes , it works,some feel it doesnt work. how can we tell?

#33     Oct 24, 2011
  4. if you believe in psychics you have already proven that you are beyond reason and this will not end well.

"'Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.'-Woody Allen"

#34     Oct 24, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

When you say "work", do you intend for me to use a definition of what's true as what's "most practical"? And what's that, the highest number, "most lives saved"?

#35     Oct 24, 2011
  6. I believe in the possibility, free thinker, only the possibility. For someone with that moniker your mind seems ironically shut.

You made the assertion that every single psychic has been debunked. I asked you if you could prove that and you simply went on to something else.

Now you've moved on to insults; is this your modus operendi when you are unable to articulate your arguments?

#36     Oct 24, 2011
  7. show a change in the pharmacology of the disease.

#37     Oct 24, 2011
  8. when you asserted that psychics are legitimate you lost all credibility. it shows you lack critical thinking skills so i wont waste time with your pratts.
    we are way off track from the why does god allow suffering debate. if you want to start another thread claiming psychics are real go for it.

#38     Oct 24, 2011
  9. I asserted that there may be something to it. You were completely dismissive. Believing in the possibility of something not yet proven denotes critical thinking. You cannot disprove psychic ability. Evidence for it does exist. Police departments do routinely consult psychics, yet you are completely dismissive. How is that critical thinking again?

Of the two of us, it would appear you are the one lacking in the critical thinking department. Here's a tip, calling yourself a free thinker doesn't actually make it true. It seems your thinking is constrained by that which has already been proven. If humans only subscribed to that type of thinking, Columbus never would have invaded America...because everyone knew the world was flat and if you went too far you'd fall off.

I allow for possibilities, you shy away from them because they seem to make you uncomfortable.

#39     Oct 24, 2011
  10. Can you imagine the ignorance level of someone who asks you to provide a formal proof for a negative?

#40     Oct 24, 2011