Why does God allow...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 24, 2011.

1. you poor sad man. i would hate to live life afraid that something you might think or do might piss of an imaginary dude in the sky and that would cause me eternal damnation. i guess that is what religion does to the mind. i almost feel sorry for people like you but it is self inflicted.

how long would you work for a boss at a job that threatened to destroy you if you make one missstep? grow up and grow some balls. what you have is similar to battered wife syndrome:

Additionally, repeated cycles of violence and reconciliation can result in the following beliefs and attitudes:[6]

"The abused believes that the violence was his or her fault.
    The abused has an inability to place the responsibility for the violence elsewhere.
    The abused fears for his/her life and/or the lives of his/her children (if present).
    The abused has an irrational belief that the abuser is omnipresent and omniscient."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

#111     Oct 25, 2011
  2. Wallet

Wallet

If God doesn't exist then yes I'm poor and sad. But you scoff at things like, don't commit adultery, don't lie or steal, don't bear false witness against your neighbor, don't commit murder...??? I fail to see how following such is a bad thing? If everyone followed the 10 commandments I wonder what kind of world we would live in? So who's the sad person, the one who tries follows them or the one who thinks they are a joke?

But there's the problem, we all have at one time or another, broke one or all of em' in deed or thought.

If God does exist, then it matters not what you or I think,or if we are in agreement with His laws or not, we are subject to Him . And this is why you try to deny His existence.

The 10 commandments were not given to show people how to live, they were given to show people that they cannot live a perfect life. You err in your assumption that God will judge at a later date; God has already judged this world and all in it, finding it guilty. You and I, everyone is born with a sinful nature, hence the inability to live a perfect life. We were born already judged and found guilty. Since God cannot allow any sin into His presence, He has no choice to separate us from Him, which is exactly what sin does.

God's Grace and Love gives up a way out of judgment, if we will accept it, regardless of what you or I think, without repenting and asking God for His Grace, we are already guilty and separated from God.

Tired of the conversation, have a great day FreethinkingStu

#112     Oct 25, 2011
  3. stu

stu

In my view, once you say if God exists, all coherent, logical, reasonable, and rational ideas just fly out the window.

But things like God concepts, that try to coerce through violence, psychological or otherwise, should be strongly resisted.
    It's not really very honorable to succumb to such things in my view.

Have a good day DAS TraderWallet.

#113     Oct 25, 2011
  4. have you ever read the bible while thinking at the same time? do you realize that the 10 commandments are in the same part of the bible where god commands murder, slavery,torture,rape?

#114     Oct 25, 2011
  5. here is how psychics work. enlighten yourself through education.its really not that hard. this guy is a popular psychic nowdays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTwRK1e7qo&feature=related

#115     Oct 25, 2011
  6. You would have been better off crawling back under your rock and letting this die. OTOH, making a total fool of yourself is what you do best. :p

It's well known that a proof of impossibility in mathematics is proof of a negative and in fact they're often called negative proofs.

It's also obvious on the face of it to anyone with a brain. Proof that there exists NO way to do something is clearly proof of a negative.

The old myth that 'you can't prove a negative' as a blanket statement is laughable to an educated person, so it's no surprise that you're in the dark about it.

#116     Oct 25, 2011