why does everyone knock CNBC?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dac8555, Oct 13, 2006.

1. cmccann77

cmccann77

I'm with the majority on this one CNBC is only good in the background maybe ill look up once or twice but there is usually never anything good on unless you want to kill some time. Except fast money I actually did like that show but where did it go does anyone know??

Another thing since we already established CNBC is a horrible place to get information to trade on and Bloomberg isn't much better what is everyones favorite places to get real time news from??

#51     Oct 21, 2006
  2. Maybe the execs at the network read this thread and decided to shut down CNBC all together.

#52     Oct 21, 2006
  3. I'll say most of what CNBC puts out is total crap. With a few exceptions, like the documentary they did on wal mart and Worldcom, there is very little substance.

I also hate the commercials - the little songs and stupid slogans. It's clearly targeted at joe blow who's taking the day off or the street corner "financial advisor." Its a cheerleader for the brokerage industry, which is fine with me because dumb money = profit for a smart equities trader somewhere.

I trade grain commodities, so there is little broadcast in relation to what I do. The rare occasion they say something about grains - or commodities in general - would come across to the professional as ridiculous. The worst part are the "analysts" who vomit common sense and are actually on air for those 30 seconds of free advertising when firm's name is bluescreened into the background.

Shamefully, I keep it on in my office all day, sometimes muted sometimes not. Don't know what it is but something makes me listen to the drizzle they play all damn day. Admittedly I like the pretty faces - but I can see plenty of those at happy hour. I dont get bloomberg, but have seen it when in hotels and it seems much more professional.

Nobody cares about my post, but I felt like commenting.

Cheers

#53     Oct 21, 2006
  4. The only reason I look up at CNBC while it is on:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry... I couldn't help myself. :p

#54     Oct 22, 2006
  5. 1000

Vote for Bloomberg

#55     Oct 22, 2006
  6. 1000

Vote for CNBC