why does everyone knock CNBC?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dac8555, Oct 13, 2006.

1. CNBC is like a star trek crew...they should put
    on their star trek uniforms esp.the babes:p :p :p :D

#31     Oct 15, 2006
  2. MTI_44

MTI_44

It is not on this week again? What is going on? I Googled it to see if there was any news of it being cancelled but nothing came up.
    I hope it is not cancelled because I am already mad that CBS cacelled SMITH. I don't understand that at all. They better bring that back.

#32     Oct 18, 2006
  3. katesdp

katesdp

A la Dan Dorfman

#33     Oct 18, 2006
  4. CNBC is great...I'm serious.

The problem with most (I didn't say all) of the complaints you see at ET about CNBC is that these ET members are attempting to use it to help with their day trading.

Attempting to use it as a surrogate mother to a good realtime breaking news source.

Mark

#34     Oct 18, 2006
  5. just21

just21

I like Bloomberg radio. Anybody else listen?

#35     Oct 18, 2006
  6. Mup

Mup

It seems that a good percentage of the posters here just watch CNBC due to the good female aesthetics :) ))

When Fox go live with its Biz channel with likes of these "back ground aesthetics"

http://www.gogomag.com/talkingheads/foxnews_f.htm

CNBC my have a problem retaining viewers !!!:D Page Hopkins and Juliet Huddy on one channel with Mark & Liz on the other ....I know which channel I'd be watching :p

Also I wonder how many CNBC folks will jump ship to Fox ??

Mup

#36     Oct 18, 2006
  7. It's entertainment but not useful for trading !

If you guys trade professional it's worthless. I already know that the Dow topped today. They should mention where the Nasdaq, S&P 500 etc. is. Yeah intraday market comments on COMPX. :D :D :D

#37     Oct 18, 2006
  8. alot of people resent cnbc because they have to watch it

#38     Oct 18, 2006
  9. Mup

Mup

I think most have hit the nail on the head ... CNBC holds its own by being pure traders entertainment.

I myself always have Bloomy on around any important figs or news event, then as things settle down, Bloomy does become more "dry" on the eyes so its time hit the switch for some entertainment with pleasing aesthetics....:p

I don't knock CNBC as it a useful distraction during the quiet trading moments, but thats all it is entertainment!! If people are barmy enough to trade of what they spin out, then they have to take the concequenses.

#39     Oct 18, 2006
  10. cknucks

cknucks

My 10 biggest CNBC peeves and wishes:

1. Who cares about the Lebeau dude talking about the Detroit auto show? American auto is brokeback. Quit wasting my time.

2. I don't care how many points the Dow is under 12,000. I can already see that it's 11,980, and I can count. Get back to showing the currencies at the top of the screen on its usual rotation

3. Somebody please tell Mark Haynes to come up off the kneepads and take the DJ30's c**k out of his mouth! The screen shows the new highs enough.

4. What happened to the Leisman dude? I like his economic commentary. More Leisman!

5. Get rid of Trilby Lundberg. We can all figure out what caused gas prices to go up or down.

6. What the heck is Kudlow doing on that channel? If I'm working from home, Kudlow is my cue that it's time to turn it all off. The guys a fluffer.

7. Ditto for Donny Deutsch.

8. Cut the NBC shows and infomercials. After the market closes, switch the feed to CNBC Asia/Europe.

9. More Santelli and less Pasani.

10. Get rid of the special effects and go back to the old charts.

I watch a lot of CNBC. But I like Bloomberg a lot more. When I'm driving to and from work, I also listen to Bloomberg radio. If you trade the big stocks then CNBC is not bad. But if you trade e'thing, I think Bloomberg is better.

My big beef with Bloomberg is that during commercial time, they let the cable channels take over and the volume on some commercials gets really high. Jolting.

#40     Oct 19, 2006