Why does Elitetrader allow anti-semitic posts?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by thehangingman, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... you changed this post in quite a hurry... changed race to ethnicity. too funny!!!

#21     Jan 2, 2007
  2. ???

Errr. yes? And? Don't you think ethnicity is a more accurate term?? This thread is about an ethnic label - Jew. Or haven't you figured that out yet? There can be rednecks of Irish descent, Scottish descent, Polish descent, Ukrainian descent, British descent, Dutch descent, etc etc. They're all white, right? The charge was racism. The charge you brought. The charge for which there is absolutely no foundation other than the fact that you're a lying sack of shit.

How does it feel to be one of the laughingstocks of ET? How many people mock your idiotic conspiracy posts every day? How much time do you have for trading, having to respond to all the different members who post here and call you a moron? How does it feel to have a Hitler lover and an insane person as your two best friends here?

batgirl.... floundering as usual.

Maybe you're too busy trying to figure out how Laura Bush brought down the WTC towers from the black heleicopter she was in on that day, with Jeb and the girls.

LOL LOL LOL!!! :) :) :)

batgirl grasping at straws.

#22     Jan 2, 2007
  3. Some folks believe "free speech" means all forms of speech. However, the Supreme Court has disagreed in many cases.

For example, disruptive words that might cause the public immediate harm like yelling "fire" in a crowded place, fraudulent deceptive words that cause a person financial harm or libelous slanderous words that cause a blight on character are not forms of "free speech".

Hate speech on a public message board is generally meant to insight fights and disrupt the general workings. Just like yelling "fire" in a crowded place is not "free speech", off-topic profane messages of hate, negativity and prejudice designed to disrupt the general workings of a board is not "free speech".

Free speech on a message board is carefully organized peaceful on-topic thoughts and ideas presented in a tasteful manner. Anything else seems disruptive, non-constructive and goes against the very purpose of the website.

Obviously, topics about Jews is not appropriate for a website of trading the markets. If these posters feel so strongly about posting about Jews, then they should simply find another website that will promote their ideas. Why insist on posting it up on a website dedicated to trading and business? Does trading involve putting down another person's religion and culture?

#23     Jan 2, 2007
  4. lindq

lindq

Over the years, especially during the holidays, I've seen FAR more anti-Christian posts on this site than those that can be identified as anti-semitic.

On a public board, you are going to get all kinds of opinions from all kinds of people.

Which is as it should be.

#24     Jan 2, 2007
  5. i agree, threats and purposeful hate is non productive. but honest debate on important geopolitical topics that have an extreme relevance to markets should be protected. the problem is who is the arbiter? well, this is simple... Baron and his choices for moderators. all and all they do a decent job. every once in a while he will slip up and use a "Pabst", but that is fairly short lived. (no offense pabst) LOL LOL LOL

anyways, hangingman you seem sincere and i would suggest that someone as sensitive as you stay away from the P & R threads... there are some great trading threads that, trust me, you will never exhaust. assert your freedom not to visit threads where your sensitivity is jeopardized.

#25     Jan 2, 2007
  6. Im not that sensitive. An aggressive trading thread I do enjoy. Im not offended by name calling or a thread where people are yelling at each other.

Calling someone an asshole and telling them they are an idiot is one thing. However, using words like niger and jewbag are simply not acceptable in any forum. The words asshole and idiot are generic terms which do not attack anyone's culture.

However, the words niger and jewbag are simply unacceptable. This is not about sensitivity, but larger issues of discrimination and intolerance.

Two men calling each other assholes on the street I would ignore. However, if anything is mentioned against the Jewish culture then I will become involved. There are many people around me that feel the same way.

#26     Jan 2, 2007
  7. i'm guessing you are not american.... may i ask where you are from? i notice you do not condemn the term redneck, is there a particular reason for this?

#27     Jan 2, 2007
  8. All negative terminology that specifically identifies and isolates one certain group of people is not acceptable.

#28     Jan 2, 2007
  9. For the record, I appreciate and enjoy the opportunity to insult and offend Muslims (especially would-be terrorists), and other groups including Jews, Mexicans, Italians, Japanese, Germans, French (especially the French), Indians and in fact, most other races and affiliations. (please note that I have not used derogatory terms like "camel jockeys, ragheads, towelheads, wops, spics, japs, or frogs) also I have omitted Puerto Ricans entirely. So one can see that I am continually evolving as a sensitive and caring human being.

In fact, since the rest of ET is in my view an intellectual wasteland, I think the least you folks can do is to offer a safe place where I can vent my darkest prejudices without censure.

My neighbors are starting to like me again.

Happy New Year Hosebags,
    Steve

#29     Jan 2, 2007
  10. hey.... i appreciate your fairness. personally, hypocrisy bothers me much more than the actual names. all i ask for is a fair playing field. if you condemn tradernikki along with the others then you are ok in my book.

#30     Jan 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.