Why does Elitetrader allow anti-semitic posts?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by thehangingman, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutten

Cutten

I won't link one because it's not worth 20 mins of my life to search through the archives and post up the links (I'm sure you can do that yourself if you are genuinely interested in establishing the facts), but I've lost count of the number of racist/prejudiced posts against Mulisms. It has become routine to conflate Islamic extremists/terrorists and their supporters with Muslims of any stripe, thus the latter have apparently become fair game for all manner of insults, generalisations, and denigration.

#11     Jan 2, 2007
  2. the hatred for muslims on this board has actually surprised me. talk about hate speech.... seriously wanting to wipe out entire civilian populations. can any post be worse?

Free speech is the most sacred of all rights that us real americans cherish. just as soon as free speech is censored on here it becomes a junk site.

some of the best traders i've known are southern white christians, do you condemn all hate speech against "rednecks". the term redneck is extremely derogatory yet it seems to be accepted.

#12     Jan 2, 2007
  3. tradernicole is as racist as any on here:

i ask hangingman to condemn tradernikki's hate speech.

#13     Jan 2, 2007
  4. I first began reading parts of this bulletin board, years ago, naively believing that censorship was always wrong. My experiences on EliteTrader have convinced me that carefully limited censorship is necessary, in order to limit abusive behavour and deception, and to create an environment where free speech can truly flourish. Neither free speech, nor other varieties of freedom, can exist in the absence of protective rules and limits.

This board will never really be about trading, as long as it continues to promote hate speech, personal abuse, and confidence schemes as a means to draw advertising revenue.

#14     Jan 2, 2007
  5. It's a complicated issue... I'm of Jewish ethnicity, but I don't see the non-erasure of anti-semitic posts to be 'slamming the door in my face'. If I was a mod here, I'd probably only erase spam and nothing else.

...but I do see your points.

#15     Jan 2, 2007
  6. show me one example where this site "promotes" hate speech or abuse? you lose credibility with this type of hyper-sensitivity. not censoring free speech does not infer promotion.

#16     Jan 2, 2007
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Can you please post a link to those posts the offended deem 'anti Semitic'.

Platos recent contribution about the disproportionate Jewish participation in Stalin's Great Terror (Jew mass murdering Jews) was particularly enlightening.

Can the offended factually refute his post? If not, then whats the problem?

Do the offended among us contend some of humanities most barbaric acts weren't committed by people who happened to be Jewish?

#17     Jan 2, 2007
  8. No surprise that batgirl88 thinks 'redneck' connotes race.

Yes, a good analysis there, batgirl. Pretty much on par with your squid/passport/Laura-Bush-planned-9/11 theories.

I stand by the statement that batshitgirl quoted.

I also stand by my statement that these idiots should not be censored. Let us have them right in front of us, which is the best place to have your enemies.

Luckily these Bud-swilling, McDonalds-eating neanderthals don't have the conviction to act on their hate fantasies. As I said, their scapegoating is simply a way for them to harmonize the cognitive dissonance that results when they realize that they are losers in the game of life.

And just to make it perfectly clear, I am not Jewish.

#18     Jan 2, 2007
  9. You're a lying, duplicitous POS, correct?

Have you ever heard of a "redneck" being anyone other than a white person?

Do you know the origin of the term?

#19     Jan 2, 2007
  10. ???

Since when is 'white' indicative of ethnicity?? White can mean a lot of things, can't it? You're half white, right?

I consider people like you (ill-bred, semi-educated losers who love to masturbate each other to Holocaust images, lie about their trading results and promise to leave message forums after shaming themselves only to pop up again like a bad rash) to be moral rednecks.

Have another, Adolph.

btw... I see you're posting under yet another alias

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=83757

#20     Jan 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.