Why does California have so much industry/jobs?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Feb 8, 2012.

1. San Diego is incrediable, I love the place! Humidity is a problem in Florida, and the air crap in the Cape Canaveral area doesn't help. Miami, Naples are excellent though. Prior to scilicon valley, I was in the Miami area for quite some time.

#111     Feb 20, 2012
  2. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

Ok, so you dumped your infrastructure argument, good. Now you're justifying out of wack compensation for public employees. So, while everyone else in society is getting their pay cut, public sector employees always deserve more, huh. They already get paid more than the private sector and they get pensions on top. What is that....greed. They get all that because they buy elections. There is no difference between them and the greed that caused the housing bubble and economic collapse.

The fact is insane public sector salaries don't make companies better at all. The successful people in NY, CA, MA succeed despite high taxes. Finance and tech etc can afford high taxes; most other industries cannot: loss of manufacturing in the rust belt, how Rhode Island, CT and upstate New York became basket cases.

#112     Feb 20, 2012
  3. I didn't drop my infrastructure argument. I was merely showing your argument to be false, which I did.

#113     Feb 20, 2012
  4. piezoe

piezoe

I was in New Orleans Friday and Saturday. The prices in San Francisco are right to make SF the New Orleans of the West Coast, without the muggings, murders, garbage, chaos and stupidity.

#114     Feb 20, 2012