Why does anyone take technical analysis seriously?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Sotnis, Sep 30, 2015.

1. dartmus

dartmus

No one whose opinion is worth considering ...questions the validity of TA. End of discussion. ET is going to need to find something else to talk about in the future.

A discussion of what's known of the techniques Jeff DeGraaf is believed to use and who his mentors are will be much more productive ...and I'm looking forward to the day when there's an abundance of similarly productive topics. If we get this right, then those who we would enjoy conversing with will notice this change and be unable to resist joining in our fun and productive topics.

If we don't get this right, then nevermind, just carry on debating if TA works and the level of sophistication of ET users will continue to suffer.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    #241     Mar 8, 2016
    Visaria, Buy1Sell2 and Pekelo like this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

This shows how the newbie and others are more interested in playing the dream of great wealth when there is no wealth if one can't get a grip of reality that is you can't figure out what to do after you are in a position. Risk management is the toughest part of a Trading Plan, but we all know 95% don't have a well sounded Plan, otherwise it would be that harder to make money. I like that 95% are too lazy to that the years to learn how to trade, months of studying and years of back testing ideas to build that area of ego that it must be out of the trading office and learn to watch and make sense of ticks, hour, weekly, monthly charts, and not have to come to ET and ask what is some chart going to do.

But often risk management goes back to being able to read chart, support and resistance, or some other chart pattern telling one to either don't take signals or take profit earlier, but you can't learn it in weekend.

Time to refresh my Starbucks.

#242     Mar 8, 2016
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.