Why Doctors Die Differently

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Banjo, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Maybe because they know that 90% of it is bullshit, billable though it may be.

#11     Feb 27, 2012
  2. Hooti

Hooti

They do that because they would be sued out the kazoo if they didn't, by grieving addled people
    (and attorneys who would support making money for themselves that way).

I had a freind whose mother died in hospice recently and she reamed them out for letting her mother die. Some people are just that way.

The phrase "we won't miss them when THEY are gone" comes to mind. Maybe after the grief they will be the way they were before... maybe the grief shows what they were before?

#12     Feb 27, 2012
  3. You're dead a long time, might want to hang on a bit longer.

#13     Feb 27, 2012
  4. Look guys, if you're faced with long term medical problem, the first think you do is contact the finacial consultant at the hospital or wherver, if they don't have one check for a social worker or whatever ails you .org

You can apply for grants to help you with costs. Gas. co pays, scripts, health insuracne premuims, you name it they have a program.

The internet has coupons for every drug out there,

Income guidlines (at least in ny) are 500% above the poverty level, this nets out to about 130k in income and you will qualify for assistance.

If you get a diagnosis, file for ssd asap.SSd is retroactive to the date filed.

Obviously none of this helps you with your health but one less thing to worry about.

#14     Feb 27, 2012
  5. Imo, part of this could be the fact a Dr has spent his/her entire life helping people. I would imagine it's pretty hard to shift gears and let someoone help you. To be on the recieiving end, cashing in the chips and say "help me". The thought of that is conflict, plus I would imagine a Dr would be more critical of care he receives.

I often wondered what it would be like to care for people knowing someday your number is going to come up, must suck. day in and day out living ( a career dealing) with death.

#15     Feb 27, 2012
  6. Asking the doc to predict the end is a bit like asking him/her to pick a "top". Get stopped out a lot before getting one right. :eek:

Personally I want him to err on side of caution with me.

#16     Feb 27, 2012
  7. 500% over poverty for assistance? 130k? Is that for a family of 12?

Back that up with facts, I think you're mistaken.

Unless you mean by assistance, they give you a pen to sign your check.

#17     Feb 27, 2012
  8. I probably am, At any rate mileage may vary..:cool: Point being, yu don't have to be dirt poor to get some of dat free money.

#18     Feb 27, 2012