Why do you want to be a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pomegranate, Jul 20, 2006.

1. katesdp

katesdp

I heard this kid got the job.

See Resume

#31     Jul 21, 2006
  2. thank you guys, some really interesting thoughts throwing out there..

as for me, the money is nice but the best thing is not to have to answer to anybody, no boss/customer craps ... like someone said earlier, you eat what you earn .. ;) ..

and eventhough this is a low cost of entry, low barrier for participating profession, you know the ones who survive the market are pretty much the best of the best, smart, discipline, analytical and independent .. pretty cool eh? if only they are more social and outgoing .. ;)

good w/e to all
    pom

#32     Jul 21, 2006
  3. dac8555

dac8555

It is the best game in the world.

After several years, I have never gotten bored (and I get bored very easily). It is something that will never go away..it isnt a fad. Career wise it is very rewarding financially if you can compete. If you truly learn how to trade consistenly and well, you should never go hungy. If you are careful and do your homework...you can be rich beyond your wildest dreams. It is far better than Real estate or owning your own business on many different levels.

Without the markets...I personally would be lost in life. I wouldnt know what else to do with myself, I love it that much.

#33     Jul 21, 2006
  4. <--- same here

#34     Jul 21, 2006
  5. Optionspoet summed it up best:

Because Corporate America Sucks...boy does it ever.

Best way to make money trading is to find out what everyone is thinking and go the opposite. Works almost everytime.

#35     Jul 23, 2006
  6. to me being rich is synonymous with freedom......you really can`t put a $ tag on it.

i`d traded from 1995-96 to 2001.............then went on to see what life had to offer by opening a couple of high end fitness equipment stores at the jersey shore from scratch...........in the spring of `06 i sold out to resume trading once again............the only profession that gave me a true reason for being....
    not to mention a lower overhead.........-10k just open the doors & my breakeven nut...................but most of all not having to deal with rude,arrogant,unreasonable,cheap people.
    such as the Bon Jovi delivery that made me realize just how badly people suck.............not only did i give him a ridiculously low price on a precor,he had to have it yesterday,which i accomodated him on my day off.....my bro & i carried this 400 + lb machine up his spiral staircase,tipped it sideways through skinny doorways because he did`nt want to take the hinges off the door for me,literally balanced it over railings,down another small flight of stairs & through a long corridor & finally into his pathetic workout room...spent almost 3 hrs there assembling it,positioning it because he`s a picky bitch..............& do you think he gave anyone a tip..........i was figuring a benjamin each or to split............nada,nothing.......& he did`nt know that we were owners so he had no excuse not to give back form one jersey boy,whom made it big,to another..& i would`nt mind if he read this at all.........i even had the balls to ask his house manager,hairbag, if he`d left us anything for what we did & showed him my disgust.later to find out that he`s notorious amongst the locals for being that way.
    that was the writing on the wall for me & the nail in the coffin,among other things ,that i`ve had enough with retail & hi overhead altogether........................give me futures or give me death!

#36     Jul 23, 2006
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

#37     Jul 23, 2006
  8. yeah right, a televised strategic tax move that he had to make to offset his gains..................eventhough it was for a good cause,
    he`s a poser & a phony.

if it is`nt televised or in the public eye............he squeazes the quarter so hard,the eagle screams.

#38     Jul 23, 2006
  9. 9999

same here. Working in retail you have to deal with other people's emotions, which can go from dull to crazy in an instant. As a trader I have to deal with my emotions only, and I already have my hands full.

#39     Jul 23, 2006