Why do you want to be a trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by pomegranate, Jul 20, 2006.

1. the other day my friend asked me that. and i started going on about freedom, being my own boss, etc. but then he stopped me and said but you can start a business in your field and have the same thing.. and i think i really want to be a trader b/c there seems to be a deeper reason than just money.. there's something about being able to trade, to make your decision, own up to your mistakes and get rewards for your analytical thinking.. i love sitting down at my computer every morning to trade .. but i can't express it into words .. :) weird..

so what's your reason for becoming a trader .. besides the money.. the freedom.. is there anything else?

2. gnome

gnome

Nope. Just the money.

3. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

The chicks:D

4. mizer

mizer

Nobody would hire me:confused:

5. jho

jho

For me it's the challenge. Pretty much it's you against yourself. Can you develop successful consistant strategies? Can you become one of the 5-10% minority?

I love a challenge, I love when people tell me I can't do something.

6. Ditto.

Besides, I have grown to love the isolation (from people) that this type of work allows.

7. I did it for the KFC chicken...

Yum. :p

Plus I don't want to kill anyone at work, that would be bad.... very bad.

8. romik

romik

I don't have to work with people, nor do I have to pay VAT, business rates, put on a plastic smile when talking to council bureaucrats when all you want to do is give them a slap and tell them to f... off, don't have to deal with annoying customers, a lot less accounting and paper work, running costs are much lower, etc.

But mind you, IF I blow my account totally, I will still go into business, I will not go into regular employment.

9. The Ethic of the Trader

“A trader is a man who earns what he gets and does not give or take the undeserved. He does not treat men as masters or slaves, but as independent equals. He deals with men by means of a free, voluntary, unforced, uncoerced exchange - an exchange which benefits both parties by their own independent judgment. A trader does not expect to be paid for his defaults, only for his achievements. He does not switch to others the burden of his failures, and he does not mortgage his life into bondage to the failures of others.”

— Ayn Rand, “The Objectivist Ethics”

10. Even McDonlads hires retards and Mexicans that can't speak English? I guess your under that margin?:p

#10     Jul 20, 2006