Why do you trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Chris Paciello, Jul 2, 2011.

1. I like it ! Anybody else? Anything you would add or take out? Anybody with experience with the hiring process and what are quality points they look for and that stands out in a resume/cover letter.

#31     Jul 3, 2011
  2. 1. trading has different styles, some traders will teach you a style which requires very little capital, but a lot of exceptional difficult work.
    How much capital do you have again? To legitly trade you should have at least $150kUSD for a good long lasting trading methology.
    $50k to lose for learning, $100k for when you start to trade.

2. if you are looking to trade with $10k on the ES , forget about it, kiss that $10k goodbye.

3. In hopes and dreams, A good trader can teach you how to trade within 10 minutes.

4. In reality, A good trader won't depart that knowledge unless u work for him for about 4-5 years for free, which is about the same time he worked for his own knowledge.

#32     Jul 3, 2011
  3. I don't mind exceptionally hard work. I'd like to be able to train for a good amount of time to have the ability to understand and read the charts. To know what I'm looking at so I know what I'm looking for. As far as funds, it all depends on what I can learn and take in. Its not about funding the account to go thru it just to simply endure the experience.

I'm willing to work extremely hard and do dirt work for an opportunity. Nothing breaks me and have no issues doing what is needed.

#33     Jul 3, 2011
  4. BSAM

BSAM

And I assume you think this mentor is going to let you look over their shoulder for free?

#34     Jul 3, 2011
  5. In regards to 3 and 4... Is that true, 10 minutes and they can teach you how to trade successfully?

I have no problem working for someone for free who will teach me and will absolutely work hard as if I'm making a lot. Not work that shows its free, you won't get that from me.

One thing is, I'm very loyal and respect the difference someone is making in my life. I keep everything to the utmost confidentiality. Those qualities are what I can offer.

#35     Jul 3, 2011

6. Nothing in life is free. Trust me, I know this very well. More so of an understanding and agreement of how we can both be beneficial to each other.

For example, if I was a successful trader and have the ability to make a great amount from the markets. For me, I would not ask for money. It would be more on the individual and how we can make each other useful.

#36     Jul 3, 2011

7. When I meant exceptionally hard work, I mean hard MENTAL work, not physical farm shit.

How many times have you hit rockbottom emotionally before? The more the better. Let us know when you are late on rent money for 2 weeks , stocking up on peanut butter cause its cheap protein, finding a job from your prepaid cell phone card, <b>and most importantly landing a job.</b>

If you can do that, you can make it in trading.

#37     Jul 3, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Kid I'm gonna make a long story short:

You got a lot to learn.

I truly wish you the best.

#38     Jul 3, 2011
  9. Let's just say that trading is the second stupidest thing i've ever gotten myself into...

It's stupid not b/c you profit at the expense of some one else's misery. It's stupid b/c traders are just like gold rushers -- deluded with dreams of grandeur. The ones making the consistent killings year after year are ones selling to traders, charging commision fees, and founding discussion forums and communities.

#39     Jul 3, 2011
  10. If that is truly the case, I can make it. I've hit rock bottom emotionally many times in life. I do believe I have the mental ability to succeed.

#40     Jul 3, 2011