Why do you trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Chris Paciello, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Quote:
    Why do you trade?

bcuz i am too stupid to be a pokerstar....

#101     Sep 28, 2011
  2. Teycir

Teycir

Quote:
    Why do you trade?

To afford hookers and cocaïn

#102     Oct 9, 2011
  3. hi Chris:

you asked a while back WHY trades get busted.

when they do it is the opinion of the "busters" that the markets where not functioning properly for the market owners.

Sometimes it is a technical data delivery problem; sometimes it is a decision making error of the market owners and thing just get away from their "orderly management" of the flow of a market.

Brokers also make errors. they have to correct their mistakes. as an example, once I found out that I owned a lot of stock in a company I did not trade. So I called the broker. his response was "no problem...we can sell it and you keep the profits" That didn't suit me so I required that they "bust" the trade. It was unpleasant but it got done.

I have been in several class action suits where the courts were used to correct flaws in corporate or broker proceedings. In ALL cases I was not allowed to share in the subsequent distribution when the class action was won. I did not meet the requirement of having lost money in the period under discovery. A tough thing but that is how it goes in our judicial system.

Some people who started working with me when you joined ET are now millionaires. They did not behave as FuturisticEel (07-02-5:02);they had to follow a learning process based on deduction and NOT on analysis as FuturisticEel mistakenly though he had to do.

As the years have passed, I have always had to straighten out government organizations when they made mistakes with regard to my trading. I usually traded the max POA's allowable; so I was trading many accounts the same way. (it allowed me to make professional contributions of time through the work of a bout 15 other professionals.) It is tough to have to deal with those in power who make the incorrect assumptions about me.

As you can read here, I have an algorithm that is public information. from it three trading methods are in use: PVT, SCT and SSR. Each has a one page statement to follow.

It does not take many days to learn to use a one page statement If you are thinking critically. Why couldn't anyone here take those opportunities that were made available to them.

You didn't, for example.

At other times on ET people have asked me to design systems that were based upon something of their interest. A good example is the "Cash Cow". There it began with logic and coding. After the beginner level it when to a more private status. It was indicator based.

Humorously, Blowinsky "lifted" part of it and it was for sometime, according to him, the highest ranking buplic Fidelity based system on the internet.

OODA is the routine of the CW type financial industry participants. John Boyd made it famous. It is a betting routine that is often compared to poker.

It is what the traditional performance of the financial industry is based upon. See a stupid book ("Trendfollowing") where Hite is featured as as "good guy" who makes consistently 20% per annum)

The fact is that anyone who understands himself (See Behavior Fianance home page article entitled "BF or BS"), can, with critical thinking, get up and running in a matter of days.

Recently a person here kept asking if the market were long or short. since he was new and ignorant, I cut and pasted a short read on how to become "enabled".

Anyone can go through the process of building his mind to be able to match sensing with inference to have a one on one preception at all times. A fully differentiated mind appears in a short period of time A month or so.

A critical event occurs duringthis building process. A person truns from just doing repetion to asking questions that just come from his mind, suddenly. this is when a structure of differentiation has happened and the mind automatically recognizes that it has some weaker portion in the established differentiation. from that point on the mind take over and finsihes thefull differentiation. This is like doing a picture puzzle. At first the boundaries are established. Then a repeated process of completing sction of the puzzle happen. Finally, finishing the puzzle just happens vert rapidly.

In NLP, Tad James describes this mental problem solving process as "chunking" and "sub chunking". He only had to spend four chapters explaining how the mind works in one of his recent books.

Learning to learn and critical thinking were the two things futuristic did not get straight. You haven't either. Too bad. I kind of empathize with you.

Find out why nodoji (Donna) could not add contracts.

#103     Oct 9, 2011
  4. bump

#104     Oct 11, 2011
  5. 10,000 hours,that's the qualification

#105     Nov 6, 2011
  6. The answer is not a mentor, nor a job. The answer is you and the process. You need to understand the right questions first.

#106     Nov 6, 2011
  7. +1

yeha:p

#107     Nov 7, 2011
  8. the "process" is a dirty ass bitch who wants to steal all your money, while pretending she loves you and will always stay with you.

But she is always after it, to get your account passwords and shot you in the head.

#108     Nov 7, 2011
  9. i am a big big swinging dick

#109     Nov 15, 2011