Why do you trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by loza, Sep 4, 2007.

1. loza

loza Guest

If you trade only to be rich, you will likely be unsuccessful and fail.
    If you trade without the care of money then you might have a chance to make it.
    It is very important to figure out why you trade! Some people trade to gamble and have a subconscious "death wish" so when they reach a certain point in their account they commit a random act of stupidity to blow it up. Sounds familiar?

2. xiaodre

xiaodre

People trade for only two reasons that I can think of: 1 - to make money. 2 - to prove a point.

I used to trade to make money, and to prove a point, but now, my style doesn't allow me to prove points. So now I only trade to make money (unless, as happens occasionally, I fall back into that bad habit of proving a point, but I recognize that pretty quickly now. The shock collar helps).

3. To be self-sufficient.

4. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

wrong.

you trade(work) to make a profit. trading is like work you are investing your time and energy TO MAKE MONEY EARN A WAGE. even if you breakeven you've lost time and energy.

You trade to MAKE MONEY not for fun or get high as most people do

5. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

You are not helping anyone when you trade unlike other 'jobs ' and not providing any service to anyone.

you are in it for the money. and don't forget that.

6. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

trading isn't a game, losing money hurts. real money at stake.

7. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

problem, people entering trading think it is easy and don't take it seriously.

8. nonam

nonam

I trade so you bastards can afford donuts.:p

9. I trade predominantly for "Freedom of Time" and to be self directed in my career which earns income.

No Boss - No Thank You!

10. hcour

hcour Guest

For the chicks, man, the chicks.

H

#10     Sep 5, 2007