Why do you trade your own moneyy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Pathus, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Pathus

Pathus

Furthermore, he is saying if he could not only make a lot more money, but work less, yet he doesn't do it lol.

#21     Jan 29, 2007
  2. Just don't want the hassle of it. I trade..I make money...I jump in my boat and haul ass to the Bahamas for a weekend of rum and cigars. No reports, no paperwork, no B.S. When the nukes start going off in this country, I'll trade from Costa Rica. Bye!

#22     Jan 29, 2007
  3. Believe it or not :D :D

#23     Jan 29, 2007
  4. diablo13

diablo13

well if i could find people to give me their money to trade i would in a heartbeat :) but now im just trading my own money in order to gain experience/performance

#24     Jan 30, 2007
  5. me2

me2

sac to zanger is apples to oranges comparison.

zanger's style cannot scale to the assets in the small sample of stocks he trades and levers up. he would have to file a 144 for every position

#25     Jan 30, 2007
  6. gaj

gaj

i trade with my own money (only) because i don't want the aggravation of dealing with other people's money, and my trading style doesn't translate to huge size.

and at the end of the day, i reap the rewards of my work.

#26     Jan 30, 2007
  7. I've always found apples and oranges to be very similar and quite comparable.

They are both fruit, they are both sweet, round, bright, grow on trees, taste good, etc....

Should be more "like comparing apples and pencils."

p.s. I happen to have a pencil in my hand...hence the...you get it.:)

#27     Jan 30, 2007
  8. If someone dropped a few million in my hand I would certainly stop trading my own money (not that I have a few million but you need more OPM for enough income to cover your $$$).

#28     Jan 30, 2007