Why do you trade your own moneyy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Pathus, Jan 16, 2007.

1. sulli

sulli

Yeah, but I could save you time by losing it 2x faster! :D

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. zdreg

zdreg

you certainly are not a braggart. don't be so modest when speaking abour your talents.

#12     Jan 17, 2007
  3. 4re

4re

When trading your own money all you have to do is please yourself (sometimes that is hard enough). You start taking money from others and you all of a sudden have to please everyone else (a whole different story). So for sanity sake I have no plans of ever trade OPM.

#13     Jan 17, 2007
  4. EricP

EricP

I agree with Ripley. I don't want to pay 80% of my profits to someone else. In addition, OPM means headaches of dealing with investors, which is avoided by trading your own money.

Most importantly, trading OPM means finding a way to generate good returns on vastly greater amounts of money, which I'm not convinced I would be able to do. It is much easier (for me, anyway) to make a 50-100% return on $1M in assets, than to make a 20-25% return on $50M, for example. However, if I were smart enough to know how to generate ~20% annual returns on level of assets of $100-250M, then I would try to manage my own hedge fund, no doubt about it.

#14     Jan 17, 2007
  5. Ripley, you still around nice

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. 1 ... OP`s are very selfish and seem to think that they deserve some sort of a return.
    So why would you want to share.

2 ... the base capital that you commit to intra trading is minor and can be recovered quickly, assuming that you are a Trader and not just a Talker.

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. Pathus

Pathus

Its not 80% of your profits. Its 80% of the profits you made using other peoples money. So you would rather keep the 100k you make on a 10% return trading your own million versus ONLY KEEP 20% of the 10% profit on the 100 million you are managing? Gosh, you only make 2 million because you have to give the other 80% to other people. THIS SUCKS! Oh and you get another 2 million in management fees. I do not understand your logic.

#17     Jan 29, 2007
  8. i trade my own money

i also trade other's money

that works for me

#18     Jan 29, 2007
  9. You must be absolutely, positively be joking!!!!! 50 - 100 million!!!! You are my god!

I hope you make it, I like this kind of zeal and altitude!

#19     Jan 29, 2007
  10. I trade my own money.

I do Not trade other's money.

However, I do Not trade Only my own money.

That works for me. :)

#20     Jan 29, 2007