Why do you read ET?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chuck.ells, Mar 10, 2007.

Why do you read ET?

1. I'm here to learn

62 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. I'm here to teach

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. I'm here to recruit new clients

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. I'm here to kill time

49 vote(s)
    34.8%
  5. I'm here to drink tea with the girls

24 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Criminal? It may be a ridiculous claim to YOU but lets not go overboard please :p

#41     Mar 11, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

Done 15 posts ago.

sheesh, your an annoying wiener

#42     Mar 11, 2007
  3. Then why the public hysterics directed at the mods... are they more likely to be persuaded by a drama queen having a hissy fit?

#43     Mar 11, 2007
  4. <b>T28</b>... I'm curious. Have you ever let anyone else say the last word? Do you ever think to yourself, "Oh heck, I've said all there is to say. Point made. Might as well let the other guy finish this string."

BTW... my wool got wet :eek:

#44     Mar 11, 2007
  5. What you are really asking me is do I suffer fools gladly...... no

See... never trust a Kiwi bearing wooly gifts in sheeps clothing

#45     Mar 11, 2007
  6. Joab

Joab

lol

Dude, get help this is all just fun and games here.

Many people have tried to tell you that your tirades about JH only make you look insecure and foolish.

Sorry you lost money with his methods but give up the bone already.

woof woof

#46     Mar 11, 2007
  7. <i>"See... never trust a Kiwi bearing wooly gifts in sheeps clothing"</i>

I wouldn't dare speak for my mate kiwi, but there were a couple times long ago when after a hard night of drinking gin, I'd have much preferred to see a sheep lying next to me instead of what was actually smiling back when I woke.

Given the same choice back then, you'd rather have kissed a sheep, too. Any sheep, for that matter.

Your thread... I'm out. Have fun :cool:

#47     Mar 11, 2007
  8. Hi ya all,

Well its been about 24 hours since this thread and poll was posted. The results so far are...

I'm here to learn = 29 = 38.67%

I'm here to teach = 3 = 4%

I'm here to recruit new clients =2 = 2.67%

I'm here to kill time = 28 = 37.33%

I'm here to drink tea with the girls = 13 = 17.33%

To try and interpret these early results, I think we can safely add the last 2 questions together and call it entertainment.
    That gives us 54.66% reading for the entertainment and 38.67% reading to learn.

While sitting here considering how to interpret these results, the thought occurred to me that to have any useful meaning to the ET members at large, I need another poll. One that polls the reasons you post.
    Geeze, is it too late to post another sister poll? There's been very good participation in this thread so far... has the energy of the respondents been exhausted?

Hmm, we have "why we read", but I really think we need a "why we post" for comparison.

#48     Mar 11, 2007
  9. Backflipping like a politician... gone from screaming hysterically at the mods to just a bit of fun... make up your mind princess

#49     Mar 11, 2007
  10. I've been here, under various IDs, since about 00-01.

And it does seem to me ET is being "taken over" by vendors lately. I look at this as a symptom of the longish bull market. Of course the ET model needs them. Page views just don't cut it nowadays.

Some are quite stealthy and some might even have good intentions to try and help. But, in the end, they are all vendors and are trying like hell to sell sell sell...

Are some vendors good traders? Maybe

They are just trying to pad income with a few extra income streams? Maybe.

Are some absolute and total frauds? Of course. Why would this business be different than anything else?

The takeaway from all my drivel here? Well, let's just say you need to "be your own trader." Learn. Test.

And don't believe anything until you have worked it hard for a significant amount of time. And always always always, watch the leverage. Even a good and profitable system will burn your account with an "unforeseen" drawdown at too high of leverage.

Good luck to all. :cool:

#50     Mar 11, 2007