Why do you guys trade Currency?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Bluegar3, Jan 11, 2007.

1. a resounding no from me too.

it's no easier to trade than any other market. you still need to learn the craft and apply it successfully.

let's put it this way, if you can't trade any other market successfully then trading the currency market will not change anything. you still need to put in the effort and get the knowledge (regardless of method) to have any chance of trading this or any market successfully.

#11     Mar 19, 2007
  2. The successful trader in currency is trade less and trade big; is not a game for beginner; but is the best way to learn trading.

#12     Mar 19, 2007
  3. When you find a major market that isn't primarily driven by flows and news, please let me know. Seriously. What market isn't?

My own experience with forex - going back to the mid 90s - is that the forex market is the psychological market. Trends persist because market participants expect them to persist. That makes them very technical.

#13     Mar 19, 2007
  4. Spot on. If you don't have a good understanding of trading and what it's all about, the market you trade isn't going to matter a bit - unless you luckily stubble in to a market in a strong trend (like stocks in the late 90s).

The advantage forex trading offers is ready access to literally anyone. That, though, can be good and bad.

#14     Mar 19, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Surprised to hear some of you veterans comment forex isn't technical.....

#15     Mar 19, 2007
  6. Because it moves and trends, that's why.:cool:

#16     Mar 19, 2007
  7. Coming from US equities markets, I like being able to find something that's trending while the stock market chops.

There's always a trending market somewhere and I like the idea of having broad horizons in which to search for them. US stocks/indices aren't the only game in town.

#17     Mar 19, 2007
  8. virgin

virgin

Because when I talk to woman about my forex trading, they get horny :D

#18     Mar 19, 2007
  9. The smell of money is an aphrodisiac, eh? I of course wouldn't know. :cool:

#19     Mar 19, 2007